• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pachmayr Recoil Pad

haymons22

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
108   0
Reaction score
I purchased one for my 870 express because I could not find a limbsaver other than a slip on that said it would fit the express wood stock. They all just said for woodmaster, non express. Also did not want to go the grind to fit route.

My question is has anyone on here tried the pachmayr one? Is it as good as a limbsaver? Sorry if this has already been asked but I couldn't find anything about it in a quick search.

Lol...yeah I'm going to as soon as it comes in. I just wanted to see if anyone had used one before. But my thoughts were it would have to be better than the one that came on it anyway.

Sorry it's taken me so long to add to this thread but I finally got a chance to shoot the shotgun with the new recoil pad on it.

The first time I shot it I shot less than a box of shells through it and had a bruise on my shoulder afterwards.
After adding the pachmayr recoil pad I took it out and shot around 150 shells through it and no bruise. Very noticeable difference in recoil. My father in law has the same shotgun and he shot his and then shot mine and even said he was now considering buying one of these for his.

So...all in all I would highly reccommend this recoil pad to anyone. I'm unsure if it is as good as a limbsaver but I know it is a little cheaper and definitely makes a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom