P.W.A. commando

JB1989

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
75   0
Reaction score
I had picked up a m16a1 clone sometime back and the lower or i believe the rifle was a p.w.a. as the receiver is but assuming the upper and bolt carrier is cause their is no markings but has a colt 1/12 barrel and colt a1 front sight, I know p.w.a. went out of business in the 2000 and the receiver on mine is in the 2000 and I can date it back to pre pan era rifles. I seen past threads saying the lower receivers alone go for stupid prices, my question to anyone who has any knowledge on these rifles/receivers are they worth what I'm seeing online? I picked this rifle up for 500 so I am assuming I got a great deal with the colt parts as well

The issue is many ban states have nixed the ability to ship in preban lowers. Possibly CT still. MA was ok but not sure now.
Many PWA lowers were mated to surplus Colt uppers and stocks.
Serial number 35222 and below were preban. Anything marked after that is $69.

The issue is many ban states have nixed the ability to ship in preban lowers. Possibly CT still. MA was ok but not sure now.
Many PWA lowers were mated to surplus Colt uppers and stocks.
Serial number 35222 and below were preban. Anything marked after that is $69.
It is for sure a preban, thanks for all the info, just wanted to compare what I read was accurate, I got a nice little gem here I think

PWA became what is now LMT. I have a bunch of old PWA stuff and am always looking for more.

opps opps , if you have a line for $69 postban PWA lowers please let me know because I have been paying much more than that.

I have one that I built years ago from a "kit" all Colt parts , NOS. NOS Colt barrel.
Upper and lower were repro otherwise all Colt.
As you say not all are junkk.

Back
Top Bottom