• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Owners of GMC or Suburban with power 2nd row seats

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
I own a 2012 Yukon Denali with 2nd row captain seats. These seats have a power assist lifting feature and a manual return.

Normal operation: This is what should happen.
Press the power button just inside the door and the seat will unlatch and fold up out of the way towards the front.
In order to put the seat down you grab it and fold it back in place until the seat bottom locks back down.
Then pull the seat back up until it locks in place.

For some reason the seat back will not lift up unless you slam the seat bottom down like you are trying to put it through the floor. I cringe every time my wife and kids do this and I find it hard to believe such and expensive vehicle would have a seat that operates like closing a tailgate on an old beat up truck.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

If the seat is fully locked by shutting it easy, then I think you could adjust a cable or such that the seat back would operate.

The seat has to be slammed to release the seat back. Find where that release is and tune it up.
Either that or the seat doesn't fully latch unless it is slammed.

(I adjusted the legnth of the rod in my brake booster today to take the slack out of the brake pedal feel. Night and day difference.)

The internet says it is the latch doesn't fully latch unless it is slammed.
They say clean and lube and work it for a bit.

First there was this super hero that just says keep doing what you are doing already. (Skip to :20)
But he says it is the latch.

The clean/lube/work the latch came from a Tahoe/Suburban forum. (Looking for it)

They suggest the lint/crumbs/ etc gum up the works.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-c8377_ds512881
This was it

There were other things like the carpet is in the way or the latch and strikers are misaligned.

Basically for safety the back won't raise if it is not latched to the floor properly
Make it easier to latch and no slamming is needed is what I think it is.
(I'm going to try now and see how easy I can get mine to latch)

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-c8377_ds512881
This was it

There were other things like the carpet is in the way or the latch and strikers are misaligned.

Basically for safety the back won't raise if it is not latched to the floor properly
Make it easier to latch and no slamming is needed is what I think it is.
(I'm going to try now and see how easy I can get mine to latch)

Please let me know if you get it to work "properly".

Reactions: MRM
Mine is in a Sequoia but I think it is the same concept.
It is in the shop getting some other work done. I should have it back Monday.

Back
Top Bottom