• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Outdoor Shooting Range within 2 hours of Atlanta?

gkatl

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
24   0
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some names of outdoor ranges to "google"? Everything close to me is indoor. I don't mind shooting indoors, but I have a couple of rifles I would like to shoot 100 or 200 yards.

So far I have heard about a couple of what sound like good options - Advanced Bullets in Temple apparently has a 100-yd range and the DeKalb Police Outdoor Range apparently has 100-yd and 200-yd ranges.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

Wow thanks for all the quick replies! I just looked up Creekside and Adairsville and they are both only about an hour from my house. This is good news!

I actually read a post on a thread from about a month ago regarding safety concerns with Advanced Bullets? Apparently they don't have a range master and sometimes it can get a bit shady.

Jim Hackley range at the West Point WMA. Unattended, 10 position 100 yard range. I shoot there a lot, only 4-5 minutes from home. Ive never seen more than 4, maybe 5 people there at a time and usually very nice folks. It's about 60 miles south west of Atlanta down 85.

Charlie Elliott WMA 100 yards FREE !! There are a few more WMA's that have ranges locally

Sweet! That sounds like another good option! Only about 1hr 20 from me! Always like FREE.

I would prefer a range where I don't have to bring my own target stands. I have plenty of paper targets, just not a stand. Perhaps I will have to do so with any outdoor range? Not sure - I'll look into it a bit more once I get off work! ;) Don't tell the boss I'm on here!

Back
Top Bottom