• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Our younger crowd has met a new milestone...

They’ve been included in one of our oldest sayings

View attachment 3261433
We laugh but this is one of the big reasons this country is in the shape its in and its not just the younger gen. People are so pre-occupied playing with their cursed "smart" phones that we have allowed Satan into every institution in our land.

I always wanted one the pocket phone blockers you could get em in England at the time but a huge fine if caught with one here

1_U36hBj8i-C7JJJxS4MP2HQ.jpeg

True story:

SO was a speech pathologist for an elementary school. Right before she retired, they started getting a lot of kids in kindergarten (5 years old) whose speech was delayed.

So they do all this testing and find the kids have a normal IQ, and get this, an age appropriate vocabulary.

What they did not have were any verbal skills - no one had ever talked to them in conversation. They had watched all the movies, and TV and played on the IPad, but none of those require any response. So these kids could form a sentence, but they didn't know when. You could ask them a question, but they couldn't answer because they didn't realize it was a question. They had no response to the non-verbal cues that really make conversation go - they didn't know if you were mad, or happy, or concerned, and they didn't show those cues either.

It was really sad when they came to understand the cause - in 5 years, no one had ever really talked to the child face to face. No one had ever read anything to the child. Mom was wired to her phone all day, so there wasn't even a conversation that the child could model.

It confirmed one thing that they had been advocating for years, and that was to read something to your child everyday, even if it's the ingredients off the back of the cereal box.

I have 2 daughters that are 17& 15 years old. The oldest did not get a cell phone until she got her drivers license. I told her until she did not need one until she was driving. Had many arguments with her over this and can’t remember how many times I heard “it’s not fair” “all my classmates have one” “there kids in 3rd grade that have phones” “I hate you” “I have to have one for school”. Now that she has her phone I notice anytime we are at ballgames, school events or just hanging out with family she isn’t spending every minute on it like her cousins and other in-laws are. She also apologized to me about all the arguments we had over a phone. She’s had several friends get in trouble over phones and realizes it wasn’t that big a deal after all. My youngest daughter hasn’t really had that big a deal of not having one. The only things she thinks about are basketball, softball, fishing and horses and basketball, softball, fishing and horses etc..........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good for you stick by your guns,I have a 17 year old I wish I did the same She got one when she turned 13– it consumes her life I have to take it.
If you get them one make it a flip phone.i admit we screwed up,you that are just getting to make that decision—YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Back
Top Bottom