Our (short) back story...

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
276   0
Reaction score
Fellow Admin Burdy and I used to peruse the GON swap and sell quite a bit. When they shut it down, I decided to start this site. I then proceeded to stay up 30 some odd hours building the skeleton to the site and we launched May 17, 2010, just a few days after GON closed down.

Burdy and I were partners until a few days ago when he had to sign a no-compete for his new job. Our site didn't fall under it right now, but we didn't want any limitations on where the site could go.

Burdy will stay on as an admin for as long as he wants to, so if you need anything and can't reach me you can PM him.

Our goal was just to create a nice outdoors-related site where you could sell outdoors stuff. I don't really know where it is going, I'm just along for the ride.

I can make a few promises though. Users will NEVER be charged to be a member of the site or to put a listing on the site. At some point I may institute a system for dealers where they would have to pay a small monthly fee or something, but I really have no idea right now.

Also at some point I may allow a few advertisers in, but I hate sites that are cluttered with banner ads everywhere. At the very most I would have a few non-intrusive banner ads, so text links or pop-ups, or ads within posts, I hate those! :D

Anyway, if you ever need anything or have a comment or question, feel free to send me a PM or post in the welcome to the trader forum.

I hope everyone enjoys the site and will bear with me if we have a few technical issues that go along with our new growth.

-Steve

Thanks for the site. I too used to be a regular over on GON, but only on the swap/sell forum. In the last few years, ,they made the site WAY WAY too restrictive and had one moderator in particular that was a real jerk. When they finally killed the swap/sell forum, I was glad because I knew another site would grow up as a result. I've not been back to GON since and I suspect the same is true of some other members too. Again, thanks for the site.

-Adrian

Thanks Steve and Burdy , for starting the site and all the work you put into it.
It's good to be able to be a member of a site that has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere , without the needless heavy handedness .

I know that personally I would not mind some banner adds in the forums and on the front page, even if they were animated. Put it this way, anything you have to do to keep this site going in the future, please do it. I think most members would agree.

Thanks again for the great site!

I know that personally I would not mind some banner adds in the forums and on the front page, even if they were animated. Put it this way, anything you have to do to keep this site going in the future, please do it. I think most members would agree.

Thanks again for the great site!

I agree. I've found some interesting sites in the banners on Rimfire Central and they're not obtrusive.

Thanks guys, for your efforts.

Back
Top Bottom