• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Organizing Ammo

Gingerbeard Man

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Would you look at that. He does 💩 in the woods.
445   1
Reaction score
I was working up a better way to identify what I have stacked in my ammo cans. Came across a little thermal label printer called Phomemo and feel like it's a good solution than what I have going on right now (a Sharpie and my memory). This is obviously very basic but as an example I can create a label showing what's in the can and a QR code to ammoseek for re-ordering if I'm getting low. Planning on adding the brand and grain of ammo as well. What do you think? Any suggestions to add to the label?

Screenshot_20240102-103410.png

The QR code is a neat feature
Trying to figure out a handy way to keep count of inventory as well. Obviously a fixed label can't be a solution for that unless I put the count in increments of 50? and mark it off as I go. Then just reprint the label when I replenish. Kind of like adding a new tag to the license plate annually LOL

Trying to figure out a handy way to keep count of inventory as well. Obviously a fixed label can't be a solution for that unless I put the count in increments of 50? and mark it off as I go. Then just reprint the label when I replenish. Kind of like adding a new tag to the license plate annually LOL
Yeh. I always just start marking out and relabel. The QR code thing would be neat if it was able to tell you how much was in the can. But that would require some software to interface with. I'll be honest. Most of my ammo just collects, so I don't care too much about having to write up what's inside.

Yeh. I always just start marking out and relabel. The QR code thing would be neat if it was able to tell you how much was in the can. But that would require some software to interface with. I'll be honest. Most of my ammo just collects, so I don't care too much about having to write up what's inside.
Most of mine USED to collect until we moved to our current house where I can just go out the back door and fire off rounds. It has been going a lot quicker since then. I've had to put myself on a schedule and a plan when I shoot otherwise I just burn through it.

Thats pretty anal retentive. I just buy stuff and put it away someplace where I can't find it and forget I have it.
Then buy more. Find the other few thousand rounds down the road and feel like you won the lottery! I have a mixed approach. Most is organized on HD shelving units mainly in ammo cans. But I also squirrel away, accidentally, cases of ammo in the garage and find em a year later. Best of both worlds.

Back
Top Bottom