Oregon protestors got a bag o' ***** wth?

I respect that opinion. It IS unfair to take a cheap shot at them. Without the Bundy's I would have never known that a Federal land dispute in the West was even a thing. I just enjoy the memes that have come along with it. - twitter is calling them Ya'll-Queda which has provoked some pretty funny stuff.
And I honestly don't know enough information on either side of this particular issues to give an educated opinion one way or another if this were actually a political discussion.

Yeah, about that "land grab." The US Government purchased grazing land at premium market value, then leased back that same land to those who just sold out. The leases were for grazing rights, and they were a steal. The leasing continued for years, and entitlement mentality creeped in. Eventually, the US government didn't renew leases. So these guys got all upset that "their land" was "seized."

Weep not for the ranchers who "lost their land." They've been playing the system for decades, and the system finally stopped playing ball. Yes, it sucks, because to hell with the spotted owl or whatever, but it was a racket to begin with on behalf of the original land owners.

The two fellahs who went back into prison? That case stinks, because the original sentencing judge's decree should stand. However, he didn't adhere to legally binding sentencing guidelines, so the Fed got a "do-over" (which should NEVER happen.) And the charges for which those two were convicted? They sucked, but at the same time, those guys ignored numerous warnings that amounted to "Do this again, and we're gonna arrest you." That "verbal warning" was issued a lot before someone finally had enough and actually put cuffs on.

Any way you slice it, an armed occupation of a Federal building should be met with swift and certain action on behalf of our lawkeepers. That's my opinion, but I'm a bit of a hardass when it comes to stuff like this. But our Federal Government is so evil, they're allowing these guys to keep the electricity and water on, and they're even letting them collect supplies and mail.

I don't think these guys are patriots. I think they're idiots who should have been taken down less than 24 hours after their little occupation began. By the government letting them continue, they're minimizing these tools, and that's a politically savvy response, but it sends the message that armed jackholes can take over a government building pretty much with impunity, and I think that sends the wrong message to the rest of the country.

Yeah, about that "land grab." The US Government purchased grazing land at premium market value, then leased back that same land to those who just sold out. The leases were for grazing rights, and they were a steal. The leasing continued for years, and entitlement mentality creeped in. Eventually, the US government didn't renew leases. So these guys got all upset that "their land" was "seized."

Weep not for the ranchers who "lost their land." They've been playing the system for decades, and the system finally stopped playing ball. Yes, it sucks, because to hell with the spotted owl or whatever, but it was a racket to begin with on behalf of the original land owners.

The two fellahs who went back into prison? That case stinks, because the original sentencing judge's decree should stand. However, he didn't adhere to legally binding sentencing guidelines, so the Fed got a "do-over" (which should NEVER happen.) And the charges for which those two were convicted? They sucked, but at the same time, those guys ignored numerous warnings that amounted to "Do this again, and we're gonna arrest you." That "verbal warning" was issued a lot before someone finally had enough and actually put cuffs on.

Any way you slice it, an armed occupation of a Federal building should be met with swift and certain action on behalf of our lawkeepers. That's my opinion, but I'm a bit of a hardass when it comes to stuff like this. But our Federal Government is so evil, they're allowing these guys to keep the electricity and water on, and they're even letting them collect supplies and mail.

I don't think these guys are patriots. I think they're idiots who should have been taken down less than 24 hours after their little occupation began. By the government letting them continue, they're minimizing these tools, and that's a politically savvy response, but it sends the message that armed jackholes can take over a government building pretty much with impunity, and I think that sends the wrong message to the rest of the country.

No details! You'll ruin everything! What about the revolution??

You should have stopped at your second sentence because the federal government has absolutely NO Constitutional Right to that land.

Like other said, I do not know the full story to say if they are right, wrong or in between. But having hunted out west, I have run across guys like these. Some where very nice and would let you cross their land to gain access to public, federal or BLM land. And then there were some that were complete A-wholes. Some would let you trespass for a fee and some just tried to make it a complete hassle. I had one fellow that came very close to getting killed when he walked back to his truck making us think he was going for a gun. He turned around with an ink pen. He didn't know that though my left hand may have been holding my bow my right was on a .44 Mag. So maybe they are getting a load of Karma or maybe they are in the right. I don't know and really don't give a hoot enough to research it. Now back to the funny post about them getting a bag of faux Phallics

Back
Top Bottom