• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Optimistic Marketing

Kyzrsoze

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
188   0
Reaction score
The term "Rat Rod" is currently the most worn out, oveused description in used car marketing. Strayed entirely from it's origin the term now apparently any ugly piece of junk that someone is selling. A few minutes ago I found the worst example I've seen to date:

1973 Chevy c30 1 ton dually Rat Rod - $2500

[Broken External Image]:

The term "Rat Rod" is currently the most worn out, oveused description in used car marketing. Strayed entirely from it's origin the term now apparently any ugly piece of junk that someone is selling. A few minutes ago I found the worst example I've seen to date:

1973 Chevy c30 1 ton dually Rat Rod - $2500

[Broken External Image]:
its got potential and a big block possibly!

True...nothing but potential. ;)
im thinking drop it down put wides on the back with alcoa rims aluminun tanks on each side some diamond stacks and deep black with some air brush blue true flames
photos.ecarlist.com_H8_zC_sE_DP_W6_9O_4F_mT_BI_Uc_zg_800.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah when we go to the swap meet at the Perry Fairgrounds I usually tell my old truck queer landlord that it's way more rat than rod. The term used to mean something but not means Krylon red steel wheels and black primer. I've seen ads for Toyota and Nissan trucks from the 80s advertised as far rod projects. It's just stupid as hell.

My favorite in the rat realm is site I used to be hooked on as much as this one called Volks Rods.com. Now if you want to see the real Rat Deal check it out. I love the old Beetles with no front fenders and stretched front ends with Thicker head lights and the big\ little tire setup.

My favorite in the rat realm is site I used to be hooked on as much as this one called Volks Rods.com. Now if you want to see the real Rat Deal check it out. I love the old Beetles with no front fenders and stretched front ends with Thicker head lights and the big\ little tire setup.

I've seen the the VW rods. Some are very cool and well done.

Back
Top Bottom