• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

???Optics???

NWGeorgiaSquatchman

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sons Of Thunder
163   0
Reaction score
So I have a Remington 700 Tactical .223 and im wondering what would be a good long range scope for it? Not really wanting to break the bank but I have heard that w/e you spend on your riffle your supposed to double on your optics. So does anyone have a good recommendation? As of now I have a few firearms trades and some optic trades that I may do for the right scope. Thanks

What do you define as long range? 600 meters, 800, 1000? What isn't breaking the bank? For 5.56 in a bolt action I would look at something that goes to 10-12X at its maximum magnification. If you are going out to 600 that is more then enough really, even out to 1,000 though 5.56 at that distance ,while possible, isn't practical as far as I am concerned. As far as manufactures, Trijicon accupoints are nice scopes and good value for what you get though you are limited in your choice of size and magnification ranges. If you are content on fixed power SWFA SS are decent optics and cheap at $300-400 for the scope. Of course Nightforce is always out there as is Leupold and another manufacture that I feel doesn't get the respect it should is IOR which for optics from $700-1300 they have a nice range of optics. Vortex's viper series is also there and a lot of people like them, though I haven't had enough hands on to give it any really opinion one way or other.

What do you define as long range? 600 meters, 800, 1000? What isn't breaking the bank? For 5.56 in a bolt action I would look at something that goes to 10-12X at its maximum magnification. If you are going out to 600 that is more then enough really, even out to 1,000 though 5.56 at that distance ,while possible, isn't practical as far as I am concerned. As far as manufactures, Trijicon accupoints are nice scopes and good value for what you get though you are limited in your choice of size and magnification ranges. If you are content on fixed power SWFA SS are decent optics and cheap at $300-400 for the scope. Of course Nightforce is always out there as is Leupold and another manufacture that I feel doesn't get the respect it should is IOR which for optics from $700-1300 they have a nice range of optics. Vortex's viper series is also there and a lot of people like them, though I haven't had enough hands on to give it any really opinion one way or other.
Well I would say the longest I plan on shooting is around 500 yards. And itll be nothing more than entertainment at that point. Ill look into a few of what you said, thanks

I would look into a Leupold Mark AR in the 4-14x49 with the recticle calibrated for ,223 . I have a 1:5-r on an !4 for close in work and like it a lot. Theyn not that expensive either.

K heard Vortex 3x so ill check into them. I know Leuopold/Nightforce/Trijicon and all them but not the money I wanna spend. What model you guys recommend? Keep in mind im only using a .223?

Check the price on the Lupold Mark AR at opticsplanet I think you'll be Really suprised at how affordable they are and the bdc recticle for 223 is just what the doctor ordered for the application you described. I too own several Vortex and like them a lot butt in this case you really oughta at least check out the Leupold. SWFA has really good prices too.

Check the price on the Lupold Mark AR at opticsplanet I think you'll be Really suprised at how affordable they are and the bdc recticle for 223 is just what the doctor ordered for the application you described. I too own several Vortex and like them a lot butt in this case you really oughta at least check out the Leupold. SWFA has really good prices too.
Im gonna check that out real quick...I just hear Lupold and automatically see dollar signs lol

Back
Top Bottom