• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinions wanted on LPKs

JET 5.45x39

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
62   0
Reaction score
Alright so here is my dilemma. Typically when doing a build Ive used BCM LPKs you get a “enhanced trigger” and peace of mind of everything else’s quality. However the current wait time for parts kits is 6-10 months that being said I’m considering other options. What would y’all recommend, and what would you trust to be dependable?

Ive looked at offerings from RRA (w/ national match trigger ) , AERO , ALG , Geissile

I’ve bought anything from cheap to expensive, couldn’t tell you the difference between them expect for the trigger slightly. I bought an eBay pops kit and even those looked to be the same springs and little pieces.

Basically I buy the best deal anymore. Then order a trigger if I want one and a ambi safety if I’m feeling fancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t buy LPK’s, I buy the individual parts. I always want a better trigger than what comes with a LPK, so I just buy what I need.

Oddly enough SOLGW lists all of the individual parts as available on their website. Costs more to piecemeal though.

It’s saves me money to buy individually because I’m not paying for a trigger I don’t need. The trigger is the most expensive part of the LPK.

I use Geissele, LaRue, and ALG triggers in thr guns I build for folks, and for me. If someone wants something else, they can buy it and give it to me.

I have also used and would recommend a Lewis Machine & Tool lower parts kit. It's more expensive compared to BCM and others but shows available from their website. I have read positive comments about the White Oak Armament lower parts kit and it comes with an ALG QMS trigger which is cool.

Avoid the CMC lpk. They use the ****tiest roll pins ive ever seen. They will split open or fold in half if you arent careful. Ive had to fix a few guns for people where that happened, and its come close to happening to me when I assemble lowers with them. They suck

My favorite quality deal is the Aero Precision LPK minus grip and FCG, last time I bought they could be found for $20-25 each. I then add some type of Magpul grip (SL or MIAD), some sort of ambi safety, and a Larue MBT2 trigger ($87-99).

Back
Top Bottom