• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

On the hunt!

1   0
Reaction score
Well, here’s the long and short of it:

I have a new Sig 716 Gen 1 that I’ve put exactly three rounds through. Nothing at all wrong with the rifle, just not something that I really need, but most importantly- not something I really want right now. The gun is worth a good chunk o’change, and I’m thinking of trading for what I do want. I’ve taken it to several local gun shows, but so far haven’t been able to find a seller that has what I want. Originally I wanted to trade for either a Henry, Winchester or Marlin lever gun in .44 Magnum/Special plus a two gun set of either Ruger Vaqueros, or Uberti SAA’s in .44 as well. Really, any of the currently made SAA’s would work as long as we can fit them into what my rifle is worth. 716’s like mine are selling for anywhere from $1700 to $2200 on GB right now, so I don’t see a problem with getting what I want. I’m also willing to trade straight across for either a S &W 460 SVR from the Performance Center (preferably NOT the 14” gun!!), or a nice Sharps (or quality replica) .45-70 long gun. Ideally it would be in the “Quigley” style, but I really want something with at least a 28” barrel, and a tang & globe sight setup. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas that might help me along this path I’m setting out? I either want to start shooting in SASS matches, or long range metallic silhouette type matches. Thanks in advance guys; can’t wait to partake of your advice ,-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What caliber?
Cash price?

It’s chambered in 7.62 NATO, but all I’ve shot in it is .308 Winchester match rounds. I’ll say this, it’s very accurate for an AR. I haven’t considered a cash price, as I can get a better deal on a trade. I’d rather not quote a price though, as that might adversely affect a potential trade.

LoL, yeah I know. I’m not holding my breathe, but I figured it was worth a shot. I don’t need to get rid of it, I don’t need the money for it, and I’m not desperate for the other guns. It’s more of a wish list kinda thing, and I’m patient. I figure the more people I talk to about it, the better chance I’ll have of eventually getting what I want.

Back
Top Bottom