• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Old moonshine still

Leatherneck

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
56   0
Reaction score
Found this old still on a creek behind my neighborhood. Looks like the police found it a while back as well. Those holes are from an axe.
4312_1.jpg

Found this old still on a creek behind my neighborhood. Looks like the police found it a while back as well. Those holes are from an axe.
View attachment 1940998

I found several just like that. Even found an ax head with no handle at one of the stills.

Up till the late 70s there was money to be made selling untaxed booze to Atlanta. Hundreds of stills were in operation within 60 miles of Atlanta.

These days, booze is relatively cheap compared to those days, so why buy homebrew?

I had a guy who worked for me years ago. His uncle rigged up an old still and used some old pipes he had. Apparently he was an alcoholic, some of the pipes he used were lead and the poor old man got lead poisoning and died.

I've found shine makin stills an groundhawgs everywhere ive ever hunted.

But one place stands above all the rest . The very bottom of South Fulton county west of palmetto .

Every spring & Creek on that property had old still sight on it And on the north North end was a groundhawgs you could put a small car iin.

Them was sme shine makin folks over there !

Back
Top Bottom