• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

old/antique 270 ammo?

Thanks Skeeter25. I think I've been to the RK show at the Atlanta Expo Center, but it's been years since I've been to a gunshow. Everything seems overpriced, plus then covid hit and made being indoors with crowds not the best idea. They are always fun to go and look around at though. I'll keep that info in mind.

I love old ammo! I picked this up the other day. Turns out it's pretty valuable. Still in the plastic wrap.

Attachments

• 20230212_115759.jpg
    20230212_115759.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230212_115803.jpg
    20230212_115803.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 2
Looked it up, the Hazmat procedure from UPS seems like a decent sized hassle, plus their $16 pickup fee makes shipping just these two (or one) box not really worth the effort. Will probably take Skeeter25's advice and if I ever go to another gun show, take it with me.
Thanks again for the assistance all. Nice to know it can just continue to be stored for now and that there are those who would be interested in it as collectible items.
There is no HAZMAT fee for shipping fixed ammunition and all you have to do is put a label on the package indicating that it's ORM-D consumer goods. Drop off at a hub if you don't want to pay for pickup.
1676460777125.png

Thanks for the info, that's much easier than the UPS info made it seem.
It's weird about shipping stuff like that. The USPS will not allow you to ship primers by themselves, even if they are in their original packaging (trays in sleeves in boxes, etc.) but you CAN mail brass cartridge cases that are PRIMED. Can't mail gunpowder either (via
USPS). UPS requires you to have their certification to ship HAZMAT (primers gun powder), way more trouble that it's worth for a private individual.

Back
Top Bottom