OK, so who wears panty hose in the woods?

I wear knee high rubber boots. I ALWAYS wear them when I go into the woods in the summer. Never have gotten a chigger while wearing the-and probably only 2 deer ticks ever. (I think those might have dropped out of a tree.)

It does seem that most of these things come up your legs, but the boots have been good for me so far. (And I HATE chiggers and ticks!!)

I would get laughed out of the tree stand attempting something like that. I can just see getting ready to hit the woods in the morning and somebody catching a glimpse of me rolling up some panty hose, I wouldn't have a huntin buddy left! It would surly be a rough night around the fire after the hunt!

I wear knee high rubber boots. I ALWAYS wear them when I go into the woods in the summer. Never have gotten a chigger while wearing the-and probably only 2 deer ticks ever. (I think those might have dropped out of a tree.)

It does seem that most of these things come up your legs, but the boots have been good for me so far. (And I HATE chiggers and ticks!!)

Speaking of deer ticks dropping out of trees. I went fishing here recently at a nice little secluded spot and I am sitting in my nice comfy chair when I start to hear what sounded like rain drops hitting the leaves on the ground and what I thought were rain drops landing on my shoulders and head. It was deer ticks. I got up and did the oh **** dance and got the **** out of dodge.

OK, so I was talking to an outdoorsy lady friend last night and we got on the topic of ticks and chiggers. I told her that I was have a hell of a time no matter the repellant, and that my legs are particularly vulnerable. She told me that she wears panty hose in the woods and in the garden to ward off such nasty creatures. So who here has tried it? I'll be hitting the Redlands today and will report back.

Equestrians have been doing it for years to prevent chaffing. Even William Shatner wears em when he rides.... I could never talk myself into it even before a full day in the saddle

- - - Updated - - -

If pantyhose work, I'm sure Under Armor tights would work too, for the guys worrying about what wearing pantyhose would do to the sanctity of heterosexual marriage, or whatever.
This!

Back
Top Bottom