• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Oh...my eyes...... my eyes...

Shovelhead

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
82   0
Reaction score
I been wanting one of these for a long time. I've tried various lights for hog hunting, some with success and while others just spooked them off before I could get off a shot. The ND3 family of lasers are not cheap, and are manufactured by a division of BSA scopes. BSA is not known for their quality nor customer support.

Laser Genetics seem to have a corner on the market (this area). The collimator system is what sets them apart. With the green laser being able to pin point down to a silver dollar size up close to effectively hog and yote illumination out at 200 yards . I've done a lot of research on these and the customer service is an issue, plus they dont work well at temps below 40 degree F. This operating temperature problem was addressed with a new "SubZero" model but still down at low temps they have had reports of poor operation. The work around is to put hand warmers on the laser... I still decided to purchase the ND3X50SZ with this knowledge and the fact hog hunting at "zero degrees F" is unlikely.

Just playing around with it in the backyard this thing is amazing. I live across a hollow and had a neighbor stand in his yard. It measured 225 +- yards with no moonlight and no street lights I could clearly see him. His eyes and his dog's eyes glowed with the green laser intensity. My mutt likes to chase red lasers and she does see this green very well. I don't know how a yote would respond, the reports I've read hogs are not alerted when the laser hits them.

http://www.lasergenetics.com/nd3x40-sub-zero-laser-designator.aspx

A field report will be posted after the first night hog hunt......:laser:

i50.tinypic.com_2m5jlmt.jpg

Last edited:
Wow very cool. Please post some "real world" pics or video if you can. Just curious, how much was it? I see the MRSP on the website but curious if you found it cheaper somewhere else.

I have 1st hand experience with the laser genetics like the OP posted. They work well. But are pricey.

More moderately priced.....

http://www.elusivewildlife.com/index.php?section=1

This groups advertises to have american made products.

http://www.sniperhawglights.com/

Hog busting vids can be found within the Elusive Wildlife link. Having a PC glitch, can get vid up here at the moment.

After much research, I'm pretty sure they're all made in china by the same company, and contract out to put whatever logo and tweaks any American company wants on them. I dunno. A buddy emailed some company and they offered to sell us the 250 yard china units for 73 bucks a piece, in lots of 5 or more. However we hadn't pursued it thus far. .

I have the NV and love it! The only thing I don't like is the scope to NV mount..It is not very solid..The designator works great just not a solid mounting system to a scope..

Back
Top Bottom