• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

Or the US gov is using BofA to manipulate the market. This is possibly the most likely situation. Seems hard to imagine a bank taking that huge of a risk position on its own with no backing - but banks have been known to do stupid on a large scale before....

Either way, the way I see it is when the price starts to rise to any significant degree, it's going to be quite a ride up as everyone who is short tries to cover

In a world where free market capitalism was allowed to work this would be the case or in a world where shorts had to be a realistic number according to what is available to trade. I have watched the big 5 banks short silver for years waiting for a day of reckoning which has not yet come and I am becoming more certain it won’t. Comex can declare force majeure if silver is unavailable and settle the contracts in cash at what amounts to an arbitrary price, generally where the short will still make money.
what we are going to see is the price of physical silver disconnected by premiums from the price of contract silver in a greater and greater spread. contract silver is to a large degree non-existent, being only a transaction record.
this shenanigans is occurring with the full blessing of the U.S. government who has an interest in keeping the silver price depressed to make it appear the dollar doesn’t suck as much as it really does. this stratagem will continue to work until one day it doesn’t, at that point the big fish will have solidified their positions in non-dollar denominated assets, real pm’s, real estate, whatever, and will be sitting on a beach somewhere and watch the fireworks, weeping, nashing of teeth, condemning tirades from politicians who took pay offs to allow it happen, from afar. The little guy trading in paper assets will lose his butt. The people who hold physical assets will be fine.
I finally did some reading on this....interesting....hard to believe, however the facts appear to be there....
anyway....as one of the posters stated...the holder of actual silver will be fine....manipulate the price...well I guess they can do it....just keep buying....all you can do!!

Or the US gov is using BofA to manipulate the market. This is possibly the most likely situation. Seems hard to imagine a bank taking that huge of a risk position on its own with no backing - but banks have been known to do stupid on a large scale before....

Either way, the way I see it is when the price starts to rise to any significant degree, it's going to be quite a ride up as everyone who is short tries to cover
It is depressing the market and creating a good buying opportunity in the short term.

I have been buying silver for a few decades. No one controls the market. It just goes up and down along with all markets.

Morgan21.JPG

I like the Morgan dollars as a hedge against other investments.

If no one manipulates the market, how do you explain that there are many times more paper ounces of silver and gold than there is physical metal?
The amount of paper gold on the exchanges is more than than the total amount of gold mined by humans throughout the history. How is that possible???

I have been buying silver for a few decades. No one controls the market. It just goes up and down along with all markets.

View attachment 3837809

I like the Morgan dollars as a hedge against other investments.
I thought the exact same thing, however after some reading, I'm not so sure....anyway, owning real silver is NEVER a bad investment!!
I DO NOT PLAY IN THE STOCK MARKET!! too many "big boys" in that game...which is controlled!!
I was in the Black Monday escapade/massacre...any years ago... was taught a VERY hard lesson....don't play with the "big boys" it's not your game...you do not have enough money!!!

I thought the exact same thing, however after some reading, I'm not so sure....anyway, owning real silver is NEVER a bad investment!!
I DO NOT PLAY IN THE STOCK MARKET!! too many "big boys" in that game...which is controlled!!
I was in the Black Monday escapade/massacre...any years ago... was taught a VERY hard lesson....don't play with the "big boys" it's not your game...you do not have enough money!!!
I said I am in silver. I am also in gold.

I am also a SEC Registered Investment Adviser (retired) yet the SEC never cancels any RIA designation. I always take it seriously (I never play), and I am just as smart as the other dudes that make huge commissions. I am registered as "fee only" so I made money with my clients.

It is really easy once you understand the intrinsic value of any investment. You discount the future cash flows back to today, and then compare them to current Fed interest rates.

The Dow Jones was 900 when I started. It closed today at 36.585. Plus dividends. I am staying in while adjusting my asset allocation to my older age. It's really simple stuff.

I am also a SEC Registered Investment Adviser (retired) yet the SEC never cancels any RIA designation. I always take it seriously (I never play), and I am just as smart as the other dudes that make huge commissions. I am registered as "fee only" so I made money with my clients.

It is really easy once you understand the intrinsic value of any investment. You discount the future cash flows back to today, and then compare them to current Fed interest rates.

The Dow Jones was 900 when I started. It closed today at 36.585. Plus dividends. I am staying in while adjusting my asset allocation to my older age. It's really simple stuff.
all this from the ODT would would have thunk....

If there is no manipulation in the PM market, how do you explain the increased premiums on physical silver in the last 2 years vs what it was 3, 4 years ago? Would it not mean that spot price for PMs is being deflated by paper PMs?

And how can we explain that each physical ounce of PMs has multiple paper claims on it?
Not picking a fight, just my perceptive from outside the industry is very different from yours.
Thank you.

Was cleaning a deceased relative’s house out and came upon the following tucked away. Pre 65 dimes and quarters and silver halves. Also found the $10 gold coin. How should I go abkut valuing this stuff? Thanks!
30e8baa49734badca470fe69e05a5d09.jpg

463d8aacc6cfc62c63dc90bbaaabfd2f.jpg

8457a4282336ea22ffb82996c761a049.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom