• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT NFA tracker thread

SMH

EA9D69F5-3610-4D33-BBDA-66FE88161EBA.jpeg

It depends what they mean by 'To Use'.

Some processes incur fees - for example, if you bought a silencer 'out of network' - and certainly when I did that when I transferred some silencers in that way a few years ago, I was charged $25 for each can.

Given that the original out of network dealer made profits on the sale, and the new in-network guy is expected to secure my can in his safe, on his insurance for an unspecified length of time until the ATF does its job - and process some paperwork - does anyone expect this should really happen for free?

It depends what they mean by 'To Use'.

Some processes incur fees - for example, if you bought a silencer 'out of network' - and certainly when I did that when I transferred some silencers in that way a few years ago, I was charged $25 for each can.

Given that the original out of network dealer made profits on the sale, and the new in-network guy is expected to secure my can in his safe, on his insurance for an unspecified length of time until the ATF does its job - and process some paperwork - does anyone expect this should really happen for free?
I agree. The dealers I have used for NFA transfers charged anywhere from $60-100 for holding out-of-store NFA items on a F3 while I apply for the F4. If the $40 includes that, then that's a deal in my opinion. That would be lower than I've ever gotten and I've done several dozen out-of-store transfers. $25 would be dirt cheap.

I agree. The dealers I have used for NFA transfers charged anywhere from $60-100 for holding out-of-store NFA items on a F3 while I apply for the F4. If the $40 includes that, then that's a deal in my opinion. That would be lower than I've ever gotten and I've done several dozen out-of-store transfers. $25 would be dirt cheap.
Agree 100%. You can always ask just to skip using SS if you have your eft file and passport pic and just do a strait Eforms transfer. If you are standing there and the eforms user knows what they are doing and eforms isn't acting up, the process can be knocked out in less than 10 minutes.

You should forward it to SilencerShop. I'd be curious to know if it breaks any contractual rules in being a "Gold Dealer".
I don't see it breaking rules, honestly. The kiosk they had to buy as a convenience to customers, the dealer gets a small kickback from SS when a customer buys something that came from SS. Luckily for us, there are places to buy from that are not SS as they charge just about full retail on everything they sell.

I used GFL's kiosk back in 2020 for my first suppressor purchase and it wasn't even through them. Employee there even helped me roll prints correctly. I gave them some business with another can purchase a year later. No complaints from people at GFL. Seems like a well run gun store.

Back
Top Bottom