• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT Member made Kydex holster review! Pics included!

ARCman47

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Midget Wrangler
215   0
Reaction score
I am putting this up for this gentleman here http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/member.php?u=1983

This is one of his earlier hand made kydex holsters for a GLOCK 19,23,32 However in My pics i had a 3rd GEN G26 in it at the time. This holster is well made and has a good retention on the gun, not to tight where you have to be hulk to get it out, just a good tug and it comes out, and re-inserts with a very positive CLICK so you know it is where it needs to be. Has the bottom edges rounded in to help protect the muzzle. I have worn this holster everyday for several hours for the past 3 weeks. Pics show it on a Wilderness 5-stitch belt and it works well, also wore it with a leather belt with kydex stiffener and worked ok but takes a little more effort to pull that type of belt through the loops with the way they are molded to sort of hug the side of your hip. Both belts are 1.5 inch width. In my opinion i would wear this with a wilderness type instructor belt and it will work great for you. These pics are not the best, i had to take them myself, with a less than great camera but hopefully you get the idea. I leaned over in pic where it is covered by a black Under Armour t shirt to try and show how it will wear.

DSCN2947.jpgDSCN2949.jpgDSCN2929.jpg
DSCN2931.jpgDSCN2934.jpgDSCN2936.jpgDSCN2937.jpg

Looks pretty good for a range holster or when concealed by an extra button up shirt, jacket, or windbreaker but like most OWB holsters it will print with most t-shirts or other form-fitting clothes unless they are bought oversized so they drape off the body.
The holster looks well constructed.

Looks pretty good for a range holster or when concealed by an extra button up shirt, jacket, or windbreaker but like most OWB holsters it will print with most t-shirts or other form-fitting clothes unless they are bought oversized so they drape off the body.
The holster looks well constructed.

Yes sir! sure is and you are right a t shirt will show a bit. A larger t shirt would probably cover a bit more.

No matter the manufacturer, I think these are the best OWB style holsters on the market. I have 2 PSS Glock holsters(G19/34) and can CC a G34 easily under a sweatshirt. They sit almost as tight as IWB and ride high enough to where a normal fitting, untucked t-shirt will cover them. They print about as much as a cell phone.

Back
Top Bottom