• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT "bulk" ammo is not bulk!

Were you being serious about carrying 2 fixed blades and 2 folders?

Well it sounds more impressive than it is...

Bottom three are my dailies, the top is just new.

And I keep them shaving sharp. No biggie.

Attachments

• 17076649372673584438221219391956.jpg
    17076649372673584438221219391956.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 18
A bit off topic here...what to think about having loaded magazines....I have both as well, however I've heard chatter about spring memory and stuff like that....just asking

Magazine springs wear over use, not being just loaded or unloaded but the use of them.

I load to full capacity of the magazine. Never had an issue. I've used magazine's that my father loaded in the 80's in the late '00's w/o issue.

Most of my magazine's issues come from usage and feed lips wearing out. But that's why I stack them deep, while they are cheap.

Magazine springs wear over use, not being just loaded or unloaded but the use of them.

I load to full capacity of the magazine. Never had an issue. I've used magazine's that my father loaded in the 80's in the late '00's w/o issue.

Most of my magazine's issues come from usage and feed lips wearing out. But that's why I stack them deep, while they are cheap

Well...that sounds good...I have several dozen 30 round M1 carbine mags, from my dad, that have been loaded since 1968...I have given thought to unloading them....what a pain in the butt!!

A bit off topic here...what to think about having loaded magazines....I have both as well, however I've heard chatter about spring memory and stuff like that....just asking

Metal weakens by dynamic movements vs static. Take a fork and bend it back and forth repeatedly. It eventually gets hot, weakens and then breaks. Take another fork and bend it back once and leave it alone. Which movement causes it to break?

The loading of 29 rounds vs 30 is to allow the magazine to seat a little easier while the bolt is closed.

A empty mag is like an empty jar, it takes up just as much space as a full one!

Back
Top Bottom