• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Octane 45 Vid

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
ZOMG

Oh yea it smoked the Tirant

What other manufacturer makes vids like this, testing other companies cans to milspec standard and producing real numbers. Silencerco/SWR is really top notch.

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting. I know nothing about suppressors but noticed that they all got quieter the more they were shot.

1st shots
octane 135.17
ti-rant 135.95
osprey 138.17

so I guess if you want to be extra quiet you shoot it a few times before you want it really quiet?

interesting. I know nothing about suppressors but noticed that they all got quieter the more they were shot.

1st shots
octane 135.17
ti-rant 135.95
osprey 138.17

so I guess if you want to be extra quiet you shoot it a few times before you want it really quiet?

Called "first round pop" (FRP). Its caused by oxygen in the silencer igniting. All of the O2 is burned up after the first shot, so each subsequent shot after that is quieter.

1st shots
octane 135.17
ti-rant 135.95
osprey 138.17

It's called First Round Pop or (FRP). Cans with more volume suffer more from it like the Osprey. It is the fresh oxygen igniting and exploding in the can.

With everything in silencers there are trade offs, more volume means lower peak Db reduction, but it also leads to louder 1st couple of shots.

The FRP can be avoided by shaking water in the can or by spraying "keyboard duster" in it to reduce the amount of oxygen.

You really think the human ear will notice a 2db variation between the three devices? All three suppressors are great suppressors. I wouldnt go out and buy the Octane if already had a TiRant or Osprey over a db or two.

You really think the human ear will notice a 2db variation between the three devices? All three suppressors are great suppressors. I wouldnt go out and buy the Octane if already had a TiRant or Osprey over a db or two.
They are all great cans, but the quietest of all of them is both the easiest to clean and the cheapest, and only .9 oz heavier than the lightest of the three(Osprey).

- - - Updated - - -

The Osprey looked to heavier than the other two, which could affect your accuracy.

Nope it is the lightest.

Back
Top Bottom