• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ocmulgee PFA

Dundee

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
48   0
Reaction score
Was going to go camping in the mountains tomorrow with my son, but last minute we've decided to head down to Ocmulgee WMA and PFA, to fish during the day and maybe have a wander for squirells morning and evening. Never been there before. Don't really care about results, just want to get away for a night or two. Any questions answered or information would be greatly appreciated, you can PM anything if you don't want to shout it across the internet.
Whats the campsite at the PFA like?
Is it first come first served?
Just take some lures or get some live bait as well?
Haven't even looked at it on ONX maps etc yet, will tonight. Will be taking a canoe and the mighty 410.
Any comments, suggestions appreciated

I fished there a few days last year. Caught some decent largemouth with the largest a little over 6lb. Lots of bowfin too that put up a good fight.

There was tons of lily pads/hydrilla/vegetation in the water. Had my best luck with a frog straight retrieved on top and a 3.5” Keitech rigged weedless on a weighted swimbait hook.

Son woke up morning going to leave sick as a dog, so had to cancel. Wrestling is ending though, so we can go weekends now, should get to go in the next few weeks. Daughter has actually expressed an interest for the first time with the planning and the talking about it, pretty happy about that.

Back
Top Bottom