• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

NRA Statement

The mother is the one person that should have seen how ****ed up this asshole was and stepped in. I don't know if beating her up is right, but she had more opportunity to stop this tragedy than every usless waste of oxygen in DC combined.

He could have but he didnt. It was from her, it was hers, it is her responsibility. Its not beating her up its truth. This situation, this instance, is hers to bear and as stated shes paid a price for it. Its sad, awefully sad, but the truth can be painful friend.

Maybe i grew up in a home where you bore the consequences of your actions no matter the shame.

If its not her though........then who is it? Video games? Firearms? Doctors? Neighboors? Fathers? Schools? Society? Whos to blame? Whos accountable?

That poor mother accepted resonsibility for her son by him being under her roof and care. Sometimes we make bad choices and are blessed the consequence isnt tragic, sometimes it is.

This SHOULD be a wake up to people about the choices they make, instead of nonchalantly floating around doing whatever they please without regard for others.........this should bleed over into all aspects of loss of life, how many have been lost to DUI? And yet we dont have this kneejerk response or call to tougher DUI laws?
Why dont we have 1 DUI=5 yrs or so in prison. Why does tragedy only initiate momentary action? Unfortunantly this will pass and fade and nothing will be done to bring more aid to those with mental/social problems thats been taken away over the years. We just medicate and release and hope for the best........or what we are best at........doing nothing.

Change is coming, it needs to in some ways. Why on earth mental health has never been incorporated into background checks is beyond me. Banning guns should really be the least of our worries. How easy it is to get one should be the top.

^^^^Agree. which brings up a good topic, What processes would people/you be willing to undergo to acquire/keep their/your guns? If you say none then you have already lost this fight. Like it or not things are most likely going to change and we can stand round B******* about solutions we are given or come up with some the opposition can at least look at. Required training/Licensing? Hell you have to a least take a drives test to drive a car and show some ability...in theory anyway.:D What about Buyer Licensing, requiring training, background checks, competency testing for different weapon classes maybe. Once completed you have your license to buy, no registrations of individual weapons, big brother doesn't know what you have only that you have the ability to buy? Just throwing questions and ideas out there as I am curious what you guys think.

Obamacare has all this worked out for us anyway. Firearms aren't good for us. We'll have to remove them for your own good now.

Big brother knows what's best for us all!

Friend I would applaud requiring formal training on handling. I would willingly participate. However its not going to stop all these situations because you still have to rely on people to follow through after the fact. How many trained individuals have had a ND? As population increases so do the amount of people we must trust to make decisions thst wont affect others negitively. You want safety from this kind of stuff...........live 50 miles from anyone else and home school your kids in a bubble. We live in a world of messed up evil, cant deny that.

How do you stop someone from doing what they intend to? In other words lets get down to the nitty gritty

How do you stop crime??? This is a giant circle where no matter what we do we all come back to where we started.

All i can say is that some people have poor judgment and you cant regulate that.

^^^^Agree. which brings up a good topic, What processes would people/you be willing to undergo to acquire/keep their/your guns? If you say none then you have already lost this fight. Like it or not things are most likely going to change and we can stand round B******* about solutions we are given or come up with some the opposition can at least look at. Required training/Licensing? Hell you have to a least take a drives test to drive a car and show some ability...in theory anyway.:D What about Buyer Licensing, requiring training, background checks, competency testing for different weapon classes maybe. Once completed you have your license to buy, no registrations of individual weapons, big brother doesn't know what you have only that you have the ability to buy? Just throwing questions and ideas out there as I am curious what you guys think.

The problem is that I can't think of anything that won't make even stricter laws eminent. I do have some "that shalt not" items:
- No gun registration
- No infringement or government tracking on private sales
- No restrictions on weapon functions other than 'full auto' (already lost that one)

A license to buy might be ok. I would want it state controlled. That's almost in place with the GWL.

I think required training is definitely going to happen. The NRA makes a lot of money on training so they'll be happy to let that slide in.

Geez, it made me sick to type that.

Guys, I hate to tell you, but there are several things that will prevent us from really being able to detect mental illness in gun buyers. First, there's the issue of money. Does anybody know what a psychological evaluation that would actually tell us anything would cost? At least $1,500 - $2,000 for the evaluation and report. Who's willing to pay for this? Does it fall under ObamaCare? Second, the ugly truth is, nobody can predict violence. The best predictor of future behavior? Past behavior. Third, most of the shooters would not have been found psychologically unfit. Columbine? Nope. Aurora? Doubt it. Fort Hood? Please. The guy was a psychiatrist. Virginia Tech or the Amish schoolhouse. No way. There were no previous behaviors to provoke suspicion and (to my knowledge) no diagnosed mental disorders. Fourth, anybody know the percentage of people with mental disorders in the US? 28% of the general population in the US have a mental disorder.

The word that we're looking for here is "evil." These people are evil because they've been desensitized to violence. Look around us. If we want to stop these shootings, the media has GOT to stop publicizing the shooters. (They won't even show fans running loose on the field at an NFL game. Why? Because they don't want to encourage it.) We also HAVE TO stop the violent video games, movies, etc..., or at least provide a context for it if we choose to allow our children to participate.

Sorry. I think that rant has been building for a couple of days.

Honestly, i wouldn't mind them to require training. I want to take a training class for my pistol shooting in defensive situations. So im all for some training.

and only be able to buy a firearm with a permit......REALLY?...How about a permit to assemble or to speak or to redress the govt....I'm sorry this is not the way to go

Back
Top Bottom