• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Novel way to leave firearms to relatives

RiverBend

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Proud Southern, Christian
362   0
Reaction score
I was at the gun club shooting the other day and a fellow member was also shooting next to me. We took a break and chatted a bit and he let me shoot a 22LR Diamondback and a 22 Python he had. I noticed a small white wire tie, neatly clipped, attached to the trigger guard out of the way, and asked what was it for. He smiled and showed me a SW 22 with a Red wrap attached and explained the colored ties designated which son got which gun.
A rather novel idea to be straightforward about who'll get what, just hope all involved are honest and don't have a pocket full of their color tie and a set of plyers/clippers handy.

I was at the gun club shooting the other day and a fellow member was also shooting next to me. We took a break and chatted a bit and he let me shoot a 22LR Diamondback and a 22 Python he had. I noticed a small white wire tie, neatly clipped, attached to the trigger guard out of the way, and asked what was it for. He smiled and showed me a SW 22 with a Red wrap attached and explained the colored ties designated which son got which gun.
A rather novel idea to be straightforward about who'll get what, just hope all involved are honest and don't have a pocket full of their color tie and a set of plyers/clippers handy.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but that is a terrible way to leave personal property.

It's a holiday, and I don't have time to list all the problems, the beer is cold, and the ribs are about done.

A will or trust is the proper and correct way to do something like this.

not the least of the problems is if he hasn't made a written testamentary disposition, his little tape thing doesn't mean a thing.

I think I'm just going to make a pile and let everyone fight for them. Fighting for the right to own a gun might make them appreciate them a little more.

Then again, I'll be dead and so I won't give a rats ass.....

It’s amazing what can actually happen. I was the only son with three sisters who never cared for hunting or Anything gun related. Me and my Dad hunted shot trap together and loved guns, I remember him telling

Me , clean them good they are all going to be yours one day. Well guess what, when he passed my three sisters all suddenly took an interest in guns and they were divided up. I’m sure the ones they got sit rusted in a closet somewhere never looked at or oiled. At least my oldest sister who got his main deer rife and an old 22 handed down from my grandfather, had a delinquent son. They had to get the guns out of their house so I did manage to get those two back.

Back
Top Bottom