• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nova Scotia

CliffB

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
Looking like we may be putting together a summer trip to Nova Scotia with the girlfriends family to see family and camp. Anyone been? Any information you can share?

337424560_5992019007540475_1212893407701162462_n.jpg

I got off the ferry from Bar Harbor out of beer. And I was out of beer till I got to Halifax. Only gov. run stores could sell it. Don't waste your time on P.I. island. Ate a lot of fish and chips. Made the loop and came back thru New Brunswick. It was a been there done that kind a place. Been back to Maine several times. Love the area of Camden and Rockport.

I've been 3 times by automobile (twice early spring and once late fall) Times were chosen to avoid the biting black flies during the summer months which y'all are gonna get bad camping.

The ferry from Bar Harbour can be a neat experience but commits you to the southern tip. The drive through northern Maine is nice but quickly dissolves once in New Brunswick imo.

Most recently my wife and I had two port calls there on a one way cruise up the St Lawrence from Montreal and around to Boston.

All in all Nova Scotia is a cool maritime experience away from mainland Canada but if you can get as far north as Cape Breton Island that's much nicer imho.

Lot of people on the ferry were getting sick and the sea was slick as glass. Know someone else that had same experience. Saw a T.V. program years latter that was about the strong magnetic pull of the moon in the Bay of Funday resulting in high tides and a theory of abnormal motion sickness. Anyway, Cape Breton and Peggy's Cove, 30 ft tide, lobster traps stacked up high and little churches every few miles bout sums it up.

Back
Top Bottom