• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

North Georgia College MAJ Kevin M. Jenrette Memorial Scholarship Golf Tourney

jclem02

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
ODT Junkie!
212   0
Reaction score
Hello All. Below I'm posting a letter I've sent out to pretty much everyone I know. I hope it is okay to post it here. If anyone would like to contribute, they can send money directly to the school, or they can mail it to my wife and she will get it to the tournament organizers and then I can report back here with an accurate accounting of what we were able to raise this year. I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

Dear Friends,

It is the time of year again that my wife Veronica and I are helping raise money to support a scholarship that has been created in honor of Major Kevin Jenrette. This man was a friend of mine, friend being a term that I do not use loosely, and he is sorely missed by those of us fortunate enough to have known him. This scholarship is to be awarded to North Georgia College students and is in its fourth year of fundraising. Three North Georgia Cadets have already been the beneficiary of this awesome scholarship, and all future funds will continue to be awarded to a great young American aspiring to be a leader in our military.

On June 4th of 2009 Maj. Kevin M. Jenrette, age 37, gave his life for his country’s cause when he succumbed to wounds suffered from an IED attack on his vehicle near Kapisa, Afghanistan. Kevin and his family lived in Lula, Georgia. He was a 1990 graduate of Lyman Ward Military Academy and a 1995 graduate of North Georgia College. At North Georgia he was a member of the Sigma Chi fraternity and the Aggressor Platoon. Kevin was an Army Ranger and worked as an instructor at the Mountain Ranger Camp in Dahlonega. He became a member of the Georgia National Guard in 2005. Kevin died at age 37 leaving his wife, three young children, parents and a sister.

We have an annual four man best ball golf tournament to help raise funds for the scholarship and this years tourney is being held on October 19 at the Hampton Creek Golf Club in Dawsonville, GA. If anyone is interested in playing in the tournament or sponsoring a hole let me know and I'll be sure you get all the appropriate information.

For those of you wondering, I plan on sponsoring a hole in the tournament. Anyone who knows me knows I don't like asking people for anything, and I realize that money is tight for everyone right now, but even a $10 or $20 donation would be greatly appreciated.

Donation checks should be written to The North Georgia College Foundation with the notes section labeled “Kevin Jenrette Memorial Scholarship”. Doing this will ensure the money goes to this specific fund as opposed to the general scholarship fund. I am currently in Afghanistan, but you may mail your contribution to my wife Veronica anytime between now and October 10th. Our mailing address is posted below.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration with this, it means more to me than you could know. Feel free to contact me should you have any questions.

Jon Clement
369 Farmer Circle
Mineral Bluff, GA 30559

Last edited:
Bump. I'll probably bump this several times over the next few days. Not trying to be pushy, just want to make sure everyone gets a chance to see this as it's pretty important to me.

Jon,
I found information on the golf tournamnet and will try to get a group together. Not sure if I can post a link here but if anyone is interested Google "Kevin Jenrette golf tournament 2012" and you should find it.

FYI, I recently completed a sale to Jon and he is a stand-up trader who is serving our country. Thanks Jon for letting us know about this opportunity to support and remember a member of our military.

Back
Top Bottom