Norinko SKS that accepts AK mags?

hoodlum0116

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
30   0
Reaction score
I recently picked up a Norinko SKS that accepts AK mags. This thing is flawless, It looks like it was manufactured yesterday. Litterally brand new, not a ding on the stock or a scratch on the barrell. If you ask me it doesnt even look fired. Everything is there, bayonet, looks like original green cloth sling etc. Pretty sure i even have the manual. My question is, Are these common to see that accept AK mags like this. Im not looking to sell or anything but its a sweet gun. and the Million dollar question to me is WHATS it worth, Is it the same as every other SKS aroudn 300 bucks, or worth a little more due to the mag situation. Any imput would be appreciated. Thanks guys

I had one in really good shape and sold it for $350 a couple of years ago. Not exactly sure what the market is today.

I have heard of these but never seen one, gues they made some in maybe a paratroop model?
I'd prefer the ak mag one to the sks 10 rounder, except maybe if I'm laying on the ground shooting.

I believe the one I had was called a SKS-M Paratrooper model. Fairly rare but have seen several throughout the past couple of years.

I recently picked up a Norinko SKS that accepts AK mags. This thing is flawless, It looks like it was manufactured yesterday. Litterally brand new, not a ding on the stock or a scratch on the barrell. If you ask me it doesnt even look fired. Everything is there, bayonet, looks like original green cloth sling etc. Pretty sure i even have the manual. My question is, Are these common to see that accept AK mags like this. Im not looking to sell or anything but its a sweet gun. and the Million dollar question to me is WHATS it worth, Is it the same as every other SKS aroudn 300 bucks, or worth a little more due to the mag situation. Any imput would be appreciated. Thanks guys

The are several common variants...the thumbhole model was the ugliest and least desirable from a looks perspective; the other one was in a nicer monte carlo style stock. (*the most desirable is the version that's in a standard SKS stock complete with spike bayonet but you don't see these much)
These generally run between 325 and 400. SKS collectors may pay a little more if they need it to fill a "hole" in their collection.
When the price starts getting around 400 for an SKS that takes AK mags, most people just go "AK" anyway. The other drawback to these SKSs is that while they do take the standard mags, they will not accept drums due to the depth of the magwell. They tend to be good shooters-enjoy yours.

Last edited:
There aren't what I would call rare, but then again they aren't common. Have seen them at gun shows with some degree of regularity. Generally I've seen them run anywhere between $350-450. Cool rifles, and shotgun news just ran a couple articles on how to convert a standard SKS to take AK mags, though you need to ad US manufactured parts for it to be legal.

Back
Top Bottom