• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

#Nope

Wow….aint no damned way I could do it. I ain’t talking just physically- I am a puss when it comes to heights ! lol
I reckon part of it come from falling 2 stories and crushing a few vertebrae in my lower back and causing me a life of pain .
But even before that I wasn’t crazy about heights anyway.

I did work like that on 5 microwave towers from 85 to early 90. I did quarterly inspections on the towers , supporting wires a anchors. The towers that had lights had alarms that would contact our control center. I would test the alarms too. Checking dish alignment was always fun. I think I made a little over $8 to $11 an hour. The govt took the frequency that we used for a new department called home land security and tower sites were sold to cellphone companies.
The real money was in painting the towers. Here's a pic of one of the towers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240418-125705.png
    Screenshot_20240418-125705.png
    918.1 KB · Views: 40
In my younger days... I actually climbed a 250 foot radio tower to help change the bulbs up there. What a view! I've always had a respect for heights but not necessarily a fear. Besides, after about 50 feet, it doesn't matter. If you fall, you're pretty much a goner. Ya just gotta trust your safety harnes.
I got about 3 feet up a ladder one time and started getting vertigo. Yup, I’m a risk taker.

Back
Top Bottom