• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No spare..

I just checked and my BMW only has two wheels as well. I think I got ripped off, because it came with only a 8.9 gallon gas tank also.
Sounds about right to me. My butt can't outlast my gas tank anyway!

But does it come with a spare final drive?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ouch! No, but my rear wheel stays cleaner!!

A lot of newer cars aren't coming with spare tires. Sucks that you pay so much for a new vehicle and a spare isn't even included.

Also, what did you expect? It's a silly German car. Of course everything is going to be extra expensive on it.

Same here wife has 2014 Volvo it has a repair kit where the spare would be plugs and patches with volvo branded fix a flat it is so lame and be glad you have air in you tires they started putting nitrogen in tires to stop barometric pressure from affecting and you have to pay for some to put it in your tires guess it is easier to charge us money to put nitrogen in the tires than build a better computer that can handle the changes to the pressure

It is not the computer's fault - it is the program which tells the computer what to do. And it is the programmer that dos not produce a decent program, i.e.. Boeing recent aircraft failures turns out they hired cheap programmers/engineers to write the programs with faults that caused all the trouble! OUTSOURCING THE PLAGUE for the american consumer.

Bought my youngest a new 2018 Mustang. Spare was a option that I didn’t find out until after I got it home. As it turns out since this car has the performance package no spare is available from Ford. After market is $500. Ill pay the tow.

I think it was the 1951 American autos that did not come with a spare because the manufacturers said with slow economy they couldn't afford to provide a spare with the new cars!!

It is not the computer's fault - it is the program which tells the computer what to do. And it is the programmer that dos not produce a decent program, i.e.. Boeing recent aircraft failures turns out they hired cheap programmers/engineers to write the programs with faults that caused all the trouble! OUTSOURCING THE PLAGUE for the american consumer.
It’s not about bad programming, it’s a voltage sensing system, they do that so if you have a battery with an internal problem it won’t keep trying to charge it and it catch on fire. All new Ford, Chevy, Mopar, BMW, etc have that

be glad you have air in you tires they started putting nitrogen in tires to stop barometric pressure from affecting and you have to pay for some to put it in your tires guess it is easier to charge us money to put nitrogen in the tires than build a better computer that can handle the changes to the pressure
ran Nitrogen in my tires. Costco adds it for free, with membership. disadvantage now is I live in the sticks and can't find anyone within an hour that does it at all.

Problem is your folks are automobile gullible and believe the dealership instead of doing their own research. The type of folks BMW and high end car manufacturers love.

Nitrogen tires are a scam and not required, any tire that runs nitrogen can also run air.

A battery for that vehicle is <$200 per a 3 second Google search online.

I contemplated buying the battery from Auto Zone and I could for under $300, BUT the car was designed for dealer support and without the dealer software to reprogram and "register" the battery change to the car's computer, you will have operational issues. My father used to work for GM and always took his cars to the dealerships. No telling how many thousands he spent on service but he knew that going in and buying two beamers.

My local Firestone store services my Honda with exception of changing the tranny fluid which is reserved for the dealership. My local Honda dealer usually runs a tranny fluid change for $89 each quarter.

Nitrogen is a scam. I went into a store that sold it and in the back room the system wasn’t working. Costco is legit.

BMW and Mercedes-Benz. Don’t get me started. It’s better to lease those and give them back before the big maintenance jobs

Back
Top Bottom