• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No longer available, please delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've shot several types of semi LH, (FAL, AR15, M1A, M1, UZI, Thompson etc), without a problem. I wear safety glasses every time.

The one BIG issue with any right handed long gun being shot LH is that in the case of a failure the design nearly always funnels escaping gasses to the right. So in the unlikely event of problem, pierced primers and up, being LH exposes you to more hazards.

Brass deflector.

res.cloudinary.com_powerreviews_image_upload_f_auto_w_1024_h_625_prod_w3bmykk9u6a2fsrshisa.jpg

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/385623/tc-accessories-brass-deflector-ar-15-a3-steel-matte

I've never had an issue, though I've never shot one without a brass deflector.

ARs suppressed tend to be unpleasant.

I know a lot of LH shooters that shoot RH semi-auto shotguns, and they don't have any problem.

Can't imagine that a AR-15 is that much different.

Yes, yes it can................I shoot a left hand Stag, last Christmas I gave my wife a right hand AR......I decided to shoot it twice. Second piece of brass slapped my right cheek and I handed it back to her, it has the deflector. Guy i used to hunt with shot the M-16 left handed, it stacked a mag full of hot brass down the back of his shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom