• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No Flashlight OR flashlight

ClaytonBigsby

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
187   0
Reaction score
I have question for you guys. I have been hunting for years and i never have used a flashlight going in the woods but i think its time for me to start. i been going into my honey hole about 30mins before light and i have a nice clean quite trail that i walk but the last several times i been going i been getting busted by deer. Do you think if i use a Red lens Flashlight will it spook them to or no?

If it's dark I have a LED flashlight that clips onto my hat. If I can't see, I'll trip and spook them anyways. I always use one in pitch black and have still seen deer when the sun comes up.

Mine is a cheap one from wal-mart. I think it's remington branded? Has worked for 5+years.

Take a light, they wont be scared of it just you. I've tripped and busted my a$$ to many times without one. Plus who wants to walk back to a truck or forwheeler in the evening if you shoot one and it runs a bit to find a light? I always have one. I carry a 5.11 3 setting light. Mainly use the dim for walking in so I don't burn up my batteries since it is my edc but its worth it

If it's dark I have a LED flashlight that clips onto my hat. If I can't see, I'll trip and spook them anyways. I always use one in pitch black and have still seen deer when the sun comes up.

Mine is a cheap one from wal-mart. I think it's remington branded? Has worked for 5+years.

I use the same thing!! Also good for getting up in the stand and getting stuff situated. I think thy cost around $10-15. Not much for what you get.

I always carry a flashlight because deer don't. I figure I would rather take a chance on spooking a deer than getting shot by someone "shooting at the bushes". We hunt a small piece of family property (64 acres) on a lake and you never know who might be sneaking onto the property to hunt. Better to be careful and get to come home at night.

Yep always use a headlamp for navigating and a flashlight for in the afternoon/evenings if I need to find a shot deer. I only go with a red beam if I am hopeful of running into yotes.

I always use the redlight setting when walking in. Not sure if it helps or not but it sure dont hurt and gives me enough light to get to my stand without hurting myself. Plus it helps me watch for snakes.

Back
Top Bottom