Night sites

timbgtm

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Bigr hamr
Staff member
Super Moderator
137   0
Reaction score
Ok fellas, I now there are guys like me that sweat a lot (fat guy here) and my nite sights or their frames get rusty, dirty etc. What would be the best way to clean them without Messing with the finish? And give general good results and long lasting options.

I've used CLP most of the time, but it irritates my skin. Also I use a kydex holster that leaves the rear site exposed. Maybe a holster with better coverage would be a viable option. Either way input appreciated.

When taking off your rig for the evening, brush the sights down. Just takes a second. Virtually any gun/auto/machine oil with do, then wipe them off.

It more a question of frequency, and getting ahead of the problem, then what you use on it.

I guess that will help make a difference. I'm guilty of letting mine go till I notice a problem.

Also, what is the life expectancy of nite sites? I cannot remember my brand off hand.

I guess that will help make a difference. I'm guilty of letting mine go till I notice a problem.

Also, what is the life expectancy of nite sites? I cannot remember my brand off hand.

In general, the tritium is supposed to last for roughly 10 years. Don’t count on it, because you don’t know how old they were when you bought ‘em.

Back
Top Bottom