• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

NFA Receiver Marking

magna750

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
58   0
Reaction score
Here we have another pretty common job done at our shop (www.ftdaniel.com).

This particular customer had a Spikes Tactical lower he is submitting for an SBR and thus, needed it marked with his info.

We use an electro-chemical etching system for our marking, so we can essentially reproduce any font style on the item to be marked. The only draw back is that there will certainly be some finish loss as we need to make sure we have good electrical contact with the part to be etched. After etching and clean up, we usually Cerakote to the customers requirements.

Here are the pics. The customers details have been obscured to protect his privacy...

Area to be marked has been sandblasted and layout lines applied so the stencil can be oriented properly.
NFA1 (Large).jpg

A custom stencil has been made with the customer selected font and info to be marked. This will be oriented and taped down prior to marking.
NFA2 (Large).JPG

The finished mark after initial clean up. This will be sandblasted a final time and then Cerakoted.
NFA3 (Large).JPG

I don't have any pics of the finished product as the customer dropped by while this was baking in the oven and needed to go as soon as it was cool enough to touch! The whole thing cost him $100.00 and was done within three days of him dropping it off.

Looks great.

What would be the charge if you didn't coat the receiver? I've got a 10/22 I'm thinking of doing a SBR with, and I'd probably do the coating myself...

Looks great.

What would be the charge if you didn't coat the receiver? I've got a 10/22 I'm thinking of doing a SBR with, and I'd probably do the coating myself...

No prob! W/O Coating it is $60.00. If you like, I could sandblast the entire part for you in prep for your coating for no extra charge.

- - - Updated - - -

Good to know, and good looking.

Thanks for that!

Back
Top Bottom