• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Newnan chase

I hear ya. What's crazy is a lot of folks are starting to do that, and the prices have gone through the roof! Stuff I've looked at in N GA mountains is way out of my range now. Maybe South GA but that's not my favorite area.
Exactly. We ruled out south GA altogether. We looked in Jasper and Ellijay and couldn't find anything even remotely affordable. Ended up in NW GA near the Alabama line for half what we saw in Jasper/Ellijay area and ended up with twice the land. We're so far out in the sticks, I'll be dead before the rot from ATL reaches that far.

Exactly. We ruled out south GA altogether. We looked in Jasper and Ellijay and couldn't find anything even remotely affordable. Ended up in NW GA near the Alabama line for half what we saw in Jasper/Ellijay area and ended up with twice the land. We're so far out in the sticks, I'll be dead before the rot from ATL reaches that far.
I been looking in Cave springs

We build nice towns and capable infrastructure with our taxes, then our local elected leaders insatiable appetite for money leads them down the federal crap hole. The Fed's grant nice cities money they collected from us, or printed, but there are some very bad strings attached. Federal money allows politicians to grant contracts to govt focused contractors, who give under table kickbacks to the decision makers, who make horrible decisions for the residents. The feds gave money, now they mandate the building of govt housing, which opens the door to the mass of people who won't work less fortunate. The less fortunate need govt services, so here come the govt funded workers, and voters of more govt. Then crime increases, which brings in gangs who thrive on crime, here come the drugs, and so on. I'm getting off my soapbox now.

It doesn’t matter how far you run, the suburbs will eventually catch up with you. As Atlanta spreads out so does Macon, Columbus, Augusta Chattanooga and Savanna. Like a metastasizing cancer eventually it kills the host.

Yep, when we bought this house 34 years ago it was nice out here in the NW part of Coweta County. Back then I’d grab my rod & reel and walk almost a mile to go fishing on the back side of Bibb Lake or just take my Granddad’s old Stevens 16ga and go exploring through the woods right across the street from my house. Now there’s about 30-40 homes around the front of Bibb Lake but the lake has been drained for years now and it’s a swamp, the woods now have 1100+ cookie cutter houses with more house coming in all around us. Used to see probably less than 100 cars pass my house on a busy day, now I have to wait just to get outta my driveway. I hate to say it but, I’m sick of this place.
Newnan Walgreens pharmacy was robbed at gun point by 4 "democrats" a few days ago

Somebody got Thompson’s on the bypass a few days ago too. Some of the cops around here have gotten a little too “chase happy” especially since the Sheriff’s Office changed hands it seems like. I personally know at least one deputy who was in a chase on NB I-85 a few years ago, he pitted the upstanding citizens who crashed and it was all on video and the news.
We build nice towns and capable infrastructure with our taxes, then our local elected leaders insatiable appetite for money leads them down the federal crap hole. The Fed's grant nice cities money they collected from us, or printed, but there are some very bad strings attached. Federal money allows politicians to grant contracts to govt focused contractors, who give under table kickbacks to the decision makers, who make horrible decisions for the residents. The feds gave money, now they mandate the building of govt housing, which opens the door to the mass of people who won't work less fortunate. The less fortunate need govt services, so here come the govt funded workers, and voters of more govt. Then crime increases, which brings in gangs who thrive on crime, here come the drugs, and so on. I'm getting off my soapbox now.

That’s EXACTLY what happened to Newnan & Coweta Co.

Unless you move out west or Alaska, you can't get away from it anymore. Thing is, the older you get the closer you need to be to good medical care

Yep, when we bought this house 34 years ago it was nice out here in the NW part of Coweta County. Back then I’d grab my rod & reel and walk almost a mile to go fishing on the back side of Bibb Lake or just take my Granddad’s old Stevens 16ga and go exploring through the woods right across the street from my house. Now there’s about 30-40 homes around the front of Bibb Lake but the lake has been drained for years now and it’s a swamp, the woods now have 1100+ cookie cutter houses with more house coming in all around us. Used to see probably less than 100 cars pass my house on a busy day, now I have to wait just to get outta my driveway. I hate to say it but, I’m sick of this place.

Somebody got Thompson’s on the bypass a few days ago too. Some of the cops around here have gotten a little too “chase happy” especially since the Sheriff’s Office changed hands it seems like. I personally know at least one deputy who was in a chase on NB I-85 a few years ago, he pitted the upstanding citizens who crashed and it was all on video and the news.

That’s EXACTLY what happened to Newnan & Coweta Co.
And, just to think that 34 years ago, we felt the same way about you moving into our neighborhood... :boink:

Back
Top Bottom