• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Newnan chase

Have a friend that moved there 2 yrs ago to get away from ATL..:faint:

I moved here 46 years ago to get out of Atl metro and be close to my Grandparents. They’re gone, my parents are both gone now and so are my wife’s parents and Grandparents, got one son in LaGrange and one in Navarre Fl so there’s literally nothing holding us here except this house. I’m too old and tired for all the BS going on around here, I just want a small home in the damn woods…

Nothing like that here in Freehome
Until next week or the one after..you are in the strike zone.
I moved here 46 years ago to get out of Atl metro and be close to my Grandparents. They’re gone, my parents are both gone now and so are my wife’s parents and Grandparents, got one son in LaGrange and one in Navarre Fl so there’s literally nothing holding us here except this house. I’m too old and tired for all the BS going on around here, I just want a small home in the damn woods…
My mother is 85 and the only thing keeping me here..When she is gone ,GA will be in my rearview mirror...

Sadly it's happening anywhere within an hours drive of Atlanta now, as the urban sprawl moves out. It's been creeping down to McDonoug/Locust Grove now getting further South towards Griffin/Jackson.
Good thing the land I bought a couple years ago is 2.5 hours from ATL...

It doesn’t matter how far you run, the suburbs will eventually catch up with you. As Atlanta spreads out so does Macon, Columbus, Augusta Chattanooga and Savanna. Like a metastasizing cancer eventually it kills the host.
We are an hour from Columbus yet there have been groups from Columbus to break in autos.

Good thing the land I bought a couple years ago is 2.5 hours from ATL...
I hear ya. What's crazy is a lot of folks are starting to do that, and the prices have gone through the roof! Stuff I've looked at in N GA mountains is way out of my range now. Maybe South GA but that's not my favorite area.

Back
Top Bottom