• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New to reloading

The Lee Hand Press will load rounds just as good as any other press. Not as fast , but just as good. Mine has turned out many hundreds of rounds at the kitchen table over the years that shot just fine. I still occasionally use mine when working up a new load or when the temp is too extreme out in the shop where my other presses are located.

Another alternative if you decide to go with a single stage or turret press is build you a simple mobile platform that can be attached to any table top with a small c- clamp. The one I use is constructed with 3/4 inch plywood. The bottom piece is 15' long and 8" wide, the top shelf is 5 1/2" long and 6 1/2" wide. The 8 1/2" tall sides are 5 1/2" long at the top cut at an angle to the bottom which is 10" long. I also have a strip of 1" wood under the bottom of each side of the top shelf for additional support. Mount the press to the top shelf, put something under it to protect your kitchen table top, clamp the front to your table and you are good to go.

Back
Top Bottom