New to reloading need help reloading 50 cal bmg

jastricker

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
192   0
Reaction score
i have 100 cases and 500 rounds and primers for a Barrett model 99 I want to reload; and I was wondering if there was anyone in the jasper/dawsonville or Woodstock area that can school me on reloading for precision. I have a Lee press and dies bnib that I need to figure out how to work. I assume I can find the right load data somewhere online, but I also assume there are probably some tricks that make reloading easier for long range easier. Thanks in advance

i have 100 cases and 500 rounds and primers for a Barrett model 99 I want to reload; and I was wondering if there was anyone in the jasper/dawsonville or Woodstock area that can school me on reloading for precision. I have a Lee press and dies bnib that I need to figure out how to work. I assume I can find the right load data somewhere online, but I also assume there are probably some tricks that make reloading easier for long range easier. Thanks in advance
First of all take off those sun glasses.lol

RCBS has some pretty good videos on precision reloading. If the brass you have came from your B99, I would just neck size with a collet die, since it is fireformed to your chamber. If you bought your brass new also not a problem, but if it was once fired shot through a BMG, that is going to be a pain to resize to specs (hope your press can handle the stress).

Load data is out there. I would try to acquire some surplus powder that came from disassembled 50cal ammo, it's cheaper, a ton out there and designed for the round you are trying to load. It also minimizes the cost while you experiment.

not sure if this is your 1st reloading experience but starting with 50BMG?? you are dealing with alot of powder and alot of gun to not quite get it right..what type of powder dispenser are you using?? you will also need a press capable of handling 50BMG cartridge..

Back
Top Bottom