• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New rule on deer harvest record.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
image.jpeg
havent heard this till I looked at the new reg book.
Looks like they want to keep people honest.....I really
Don't have a problem with it if it keeps Poachers from doing their thing.
Gotta inform the deer cooler too and the confirmation# will be logged.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 39
Yep it started turkey season with the birds and i knew about that deer harvest last year.Always good to know the laws cause Mr Green jeans dont play....

Surprised nobody is complaining about this. On the other outdoors site everybody was complaining like it would help. I checked in my turkeys this year and it was a breeze. For this first time they can get a real number about how many deer are taken, of course people will poach but that will be no different than the past.

also was reported the turkey harvest was a dismal failure,the deer harvest will be also
For those that did report it was still cool to see what was killed (harvested: for the folks who think their picking vegetables) where and what kind of weapon was used.

Surprised nobody is complaining about this. On the other outdoors site everybody was complaining like it would help. I checked in my turkeys this year and it was a breeze. For this first time they can get a real number about how many deer are taken, of course people will poach but that will be no different than the past.
Don't worry, they'll be along to complain in short order. Hunters as a group are absolutely impossible to please. They've complained for years that the harvest numbers (and herd estimates) are completely wrong. They screamed loud and long that the "honor system" is absurd (and considering the lack of honor too many "hunters" have, I'm inclined to concur) so now they have tele-check and we'll hear the complaining about "the man poking his nose in stuff that ain't his business" and how it won't work because nobody will comply. I'm convinced that what hunters really want is all sorts of regulations on the OTHER guy and zero on themselves.

Back
Top Bottom