• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Rifle for 2017-18 Deer Season

I also am taking the Ambush 300 blackout with AAC 762-SDN, and want to bring along another toy.
IMG_0728.JPG
IMG_0830.JPG

IMG_1249.JPG

IF I can get in the woods, I'll bring my 9.5" 300 blk out with Specwar 7.62. Torn between some Hornady AMAX or the SilencerCo Harvester subs with Sierra Matchking Projectiles.

Any experience with either?

Mya got some trigger time today. We planted a food plot on some family land today and decided to shoot a few 300BLK Sub rounds. This was her first time shooting a suppressed rifle and she was amazed at how quiet it was. She did quite well considering the rest was the ATV seat. We don't always get a perfect scenario or rock solid rest while hunting either, so it was good practice for her.
IMG_4885.JPG

Burdy Burdy , we plan to use Remington Hog Hammers with the 130gr Barnes TSX. It performed quite well on our group hog hunt earlier this year.

Mya got some trigger time today. We planted a food plot on some family land today and decided to shoot a few 300BLK Sub rounds. This was her first time shooting a suppressed rifle and she was amazed at how quiet it was. She did quite well considering the rest was the ATV seat. We don't always get a perfect scenario or rock solid rest while hunting either, so it was good practice for her.
View attachment 1336082
Burdy Burdy , we plan to use Remington Hog Hammers with the 130gr Barnes TSX. It performed quite well on our group hog hunt earlier this year.
I'm going to run the 110 Barnes.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Got the Deerstalker 44 Mag dressed up in camo and took her out for a stroll this afternoon. Got her dialed in and ready for Ossabaw Island. She really likes 240gr Speer Gold Dots!
IMG_4936.JPG

Great looking gun.
The 44 mag is a great cartridge for deer. We have hunted with handguns chambered in 44 mag for over 40 years now. Boy I am getting old. But anyway, we have taken deer with bullet weights from 200 gr. to 300 gr., hollow point and soft points, for distances up to 100 yards. The heavier soft point bullets work the best. The hollow points do not exit the animal and makes for a difficult tracking job.

Did you ever try Hard Cast?

Back
Top Bottom