• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New hunter, lookin for hunting buddie(s)

CoreyH

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
7   0
Reaction score
Afternoon folks, hope y'all's year has been good so far and your hunts have bore fruit! As the title suggests, I started hunting last year and was looking to making some hunting friends to hang with and enjoy hunting with. I'm also of course seeking help learning how to hunt, but mostly I'm just looking to make some friends. I live in Jackson and frequent Oconee national forest. Feel free to message me here or text me if you have any questions about me personally or just wanna chat. Thanks for your time and good luck out there folks.
-Corey 770 912 4041

Be quite, be still, and pay attention. All the gadgets and doodads are fun but not necessary. Camo helps but I've killed a few in street clothes from my stand.
Yea I don't have any toys really. Just my camo and my rifle. I typically hunt from the ground but I bought a climbing tree stand in the off season and I just put it all together last weekend. Man those directions were atrocious.

Mainly I'm just looking for people to hang with and just share our experiences hunting and stuff. Without being overly corny with it, just looking for a hunting friend. None of the friends I have in my circle hunt so I've got noone to shoot the hunting **** with, as it were.

I saw a post from another member on here talking about going camping at a WMA for a weekend and hunting while they were there and had invited ppl along. That sounds awesome to me and is something I'd certainly like to get some guys together to do.

Thanks for the advice and help though! Honestly the hardest part for me has been sitting in one spot for so long, frankly I get kinda bored xD

Welcome aboard and best of luck this season.
You have all you need to be successful, a rifle. Learn to be a good woodsman and focus on scouting. If you hunt the ONF a lot, try to focus on the weekdays as much as possible. There’s far fewer folks in the woods then. If you mainly hunt public, do your best to stay put as long as possible. I wouldn’t be up and moving around a lot on public ground. You never know who is one ridge or draw over from you.
My hunting out that way is very infrequent, but I did hunt Oconee/Redlands many years ago with a buddy who had a club out there. It was off of Cold Springs Rd, which turns off of Hwy 15.
That area had its share of game. If I recall, there was a fire tower nearby.

Welcome aboard and best of luck this season.
You have all you need to be successful, a rifle. Learn to be a good woodsman and focus on scouting. If you hunt the ONF a lot, try to focus on the weekdays as much as possible. There’s far fewer folks in the woods then. If you mainly hunt public, do your best to stay put as long as possible. I wouldn’t be up and moving around a lot on public ground. You never know who is one ridge or draw over from you.
My hunting out that way is very infrequent, but I did hunt Oconee/Redlands many years ago with a buddy who had a club out there. It was off of Cold Springs Rd, which turns off of Hwy 15.
That area had its share of game. If I recall, there was a fire tower nearby.
I do my hunting in Oconee off of Starr rd and for some reason this year there hasn't been hardly any people about. I meant to do more scouting before gun opened up but frankly I forgot heh.

I think my main issue is that I don't really know -what- I'm looking for exactly and I've very little to no knowedge of deer behavior in general. Need to make time for more research I do suppose.

I appreciate the advice and well wishes, good luck this season to you as well.

Check out The Hunting Public, and Hunting Beast on YouTube. They have a different way of hunting. Find the beds kill the deer. The Hunting Public has online seminars you can take, and the Hunting Beast has a lot of valuable info too. Both of these crews are no frills, no gimmick poor man style hunting. It’s worth a look, especially if all you hunt is public land, because that’s all they hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out The Hunting Public, and Hunting Beast on YouTube. They have a different way of hunting. Find the beds kill the deer. The Hunting Public has online seminars you can take, and the Hunting Beast has a lot of valuable info too. Both of these crews are no frills, no gimmick poor man style hunting. It’s worth a look, especially if all you hunt is public land, because that’s all they hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tyvm I will do that!! I've been browsing YouTube alot lately looking for tips and such and I may have come across them already and just didn't know their channel names. Again thanks I'll look them up right now. In a stand with nothing better to do anyway haha

Back
Top Bottom