• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New hog hunting spot for Odt members

300AAC-hoghunter

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
161   0
Reaction score
I have been in contact with a new hunting lodge in Abbeville GA and they have a great place.

I will post pics soon.

1000 acres backed up against the Ocmulgee River and the hogs are plentiful.

The Bunkhouse provides comfortable lodging for up to (6) guests in a communal sleep setting. It has a full bathroom and partial kitchen. With a large patio complete with picnic table and fire pit outside its doors, this area serves as the gathering spot for hunting stories around the campfire.

A skinning shed complete with walk-in cooler is on the grounds. This facility allows each hunter a place to store their game during their stay.

A complete brick BBQ pit is available for use. Whether you eat it here or take it home with you, you can prepare your hog during your stay for the ultimate in wild game dining. This BBQ pit can handle up to four whole hogs. Its design will allow you to put your meat on in the morning, stoke the fire a couple of times and continue enjoying your time.

Best prices I've seen yet and since Gum Log Plantation has raised their prices for this year I will try this new hot spot.

Hunters(up to 6) will check in on Friday afternoon and check out Sunday afternoon.

Transportation to and from the blinds will be provided.

Lodging is included in the price but YOU WILL HAVE TO PROVIDE YOUR OWN MEALS.

There is a kitchen and the lodging is very nice.

Price is $500 for the hunt. Per person
You will have to clean your own hogs OR pay $30 per hog to be cleaned.

For those that have hunted Gum Log with me this past year, the prices are cheaper by $250 for the weekend(last season price) and $500 cheaper this coming season.

Here are the dates I have and can make exceptions if I know ahead of time if other weekends are needed.

January 17-19 (Booked)
January 31-February 2, 2014 (booked with ODT members)
February 21-23(booked)
March 7-9(booked)
March 21-23 ( Booked)
April 4-6
April 25-27
May 23-25
June 6-8

I will update the dates when they become booked

Lets make this the new ODT spot for members to enjoy a great hunt

Last edited:
Jay I would love to, but don't want to put you out..I due to lungs have to sleep close to the floor due to C-Pap...But would love to go!! Can't do to much walking..Phil

Jay I would love to, but don't want to put you out..I due to lungs have to sleep close to the floor due to C-Pap...But would love to go!! Can't do to much walking..Phil

It's not putting me out. I'm sure they can accommodate your needs. Let me know. Would love for you to come. Shovelhead needs more people his age... And it would be great to have another 300 blackout shooter.

Shovelhead needs more people his age... And it would be great to have another 300 blackout shooter. Ya just had to put that in...Count on me then and send me info. Need money up front that's fine to..Will bring the blackout and some new ammo for you, I told you about..I need to take pic's to send in for the report..

Back
Top Bottom