• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New guy needs help with bill of sale

That's nice. And sometimes they won't back down.
They'll blatantly break the law by retaining your property,
and they'll say you can't sue them because they have sovereign immunity, qualified immunity, etc.
And the media and all the liberal groups and the chamber of commerce is on their side.
So... are you going to spend $1000 - $20,000 on legal fees to get your $500 pistol back?

If you did get your gun back after hiring a lawyer to write a demand letter and threaten a lawsuit, but never had to file a lawsuit, and this only cost you $300 in legal fees, would that be a better outcome than having made a receipt when you got this gun and now showing it to those cops?
your a drama queen. In both instances a talk with the supervisor got results.

your a drama queen. In both instances a talk with the supervisor got results.

Well, if you're satisfied with the view up there....

2251155626_63d7c82709_n.jpg

(Did it hurt, to stick your head all the way in with your rose colored glasses on?)

516T8yQU85L._SR500,500_.jpg

Anyhow, don't let me discourage you with my doom and gloom reality check.

I usually write up a description of the item with serial number, take a picture of their driver's license, Georgia Weapons License, car and license plate and my remote drone captures their facial image so I can document everything related to the sale in case they do something illegal with what I'm selling.
And I hought I was the only one that did this

Another idea worth thinking about:

Your gun gets stolen and later recovered by the police.
You find out and get notified that it's been recovered from the thief's house, or some pawn shop, etc.
You want to pick up your gun and the police department says "Sure, but bring your receipt."
Now what are you going to do?
Keep in mind that if you forge a reciept with the seller's signature on it after-the-fact, that itself is a felony crime, even without any intent to defraud anybody.

Also, you might have a gun seized "for safekeeping" by the cops. They aren't holding it as evidence of a crime, but you were too drunk to keep possession of it, or you were in an accident and taken, unconscious, to the hospital. Other scenarios like this. The cops will give you your gun back in a day or two-- BUT THEY INSIST YOU SHOW A RECEIPT TO PROVE IT'S YOURS.

Yeah, it should be perfectly clear to them that it's yours because their officers obtained it from you! But, that kind of common sense is discouraged in all levels of the criminal justice system, from cops to lawyers to judges. You aren't allowed to think. You just have to follow the rules. And department policy (or just unwritten custom) is that nobody gets a gun back unless and until they bring in the receipt when they come to claim it.

Now you have got me curious ... I am not a BOS type person. I do record notes but they are nothing more than notes and are not signed by anyone. Based on this example, what are other ways could I prove a firearm is mine? Can I take a dated picture with it in my possession and clearly show the serial number? What would be other suggestions you might have given I may have 1 or possibly 2 firearms that I have purchased from individuals with no receipt.

Well, if you're satisfied with the view up there....

2251155626_63d7c82709_n.jpg

(Did it hurt, to stick your head all the way in with your rose colored glasses on?)

516T8yQU85L._SR500,500_.jpg

Anyhow, don't let me discourage you with my doom and gloom reality check.

Like I said...I have first hand knowledge and experience. In case one it was my gun taken out of MY truck when a friend borrowed it and got it impounded. Talked to supervisor, left with pistol....Fulton County.
2nd case was my ex-wife. I wrote a letter declaring having given her the pistol as a gift before we divorced. Went with her, talked to chief, left with pistol.

Both PD's said I needed a receipt. Neither PD was shown a receipt. Ga law...Mr Gun Law Book....doesnt require that to reclaim a firearm. You shouldnt try to be a smart azz cause your really not that knowledgeable......any Google scholar can write a book....just sayin

Oh before I forget...hows the view up your own behind there chief??

Back
Top Bottom