• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New Georgia Corn laws??

Comparing fishing to hunting, only if hunting with a knife. Most people I've heard of caught baiting in this area do it because they have a trail cam and out to kill a bigger buck than whoever, not because they can't see any deer.

I am so excited to hear that I might finally be able to bait legally... I tried it once before on a farm in Camden County for hogs, with permission from the land owner, unfortunately one of the DNR fellas did not take a liking to that. Accused me of poaching deer and told me to never hunt there again. He said that if I wanted to hunt hogs I had to get a permit and then I could bait them, but that he would not issue a permit based on the "limited" hog destruction.

I say BRING ON THE BAITING!!!!

Im kinda torn in this, because, even though im only 16, ive been hunting since i could carry a BB gun. I hunt in Quitman County, GA, and the way of hunting i have always known is on a food plot, or down in a bottom. now with the corn law passed, i cant decide if its a good thing or bad. i know were going to see alot more deer which is a good thing because at our camp we had a couple people a few years ago who wiped out 33 deer in a week on illegal corn so our deer population went WAY down and its just coming back. but its a bad thing because i fear that people will just start shooting every little deer they see, and the deer population will go down. i guess we'll have to wait and see.

Guys the simple fact is if it becomes legal there will be people doing it...heck I know tons of people hunt over bait every year even though it's not legal. If it's legal then who are we to bad mouth somone else for doing it? I have no problem finding or killing deer without bait so personally I have no need for it, but there is ALWAYS going to be someone looking for an easier way to do ANYTHING and that applies to hunting also.

i have a slightly different take on it......

i dont think there will be many more people baiting than there already were, the only hunters i know who know about this bill, have already been baiting for years. non-baiting hunters that i know, have no clue that it has been made legal here. the only difference you will see, is that a few more people will be willing to tell you where they killed that buck....

Are you suggesting banning any practice that is not consistent with your own view and practices?

I think a lot of people were not in favor of baiting.It didn't pass in Northern zone and POLITICIANS were moving it through in the Southern zone.Barton 72 is truthful in it requires no skill to hunt over a feeder whether legal or not.

I think a lot of people were not in favor of baiting.It didn't pass in Northern zone and POLITICIANS were moving it through in the Southern zone.Barton 72 is truthful in it requires no skill to hunt over a feeder whether legal or not.

So? So it doesn't require a lot of skill? And? Bow hunters or black powder or handgun hunters may say the same about rifle hunters. Primitive hunters may say the same about all you guys. Stalkers may say the same about stand or hide hunting. Predator hunters may say the same about deer hunters.

And so on and so forth. People hunt for different reasons. Some for food, some for the challenge, some for whatever reason. That debate is endless and there are no right or wrong reasons. The question is whether somethin should be legal or illegal...and just because you don't think it takes as much skill doesn't mean it should be illegal. There may well be good reasons for keeping it illegal, but that's not one of them.

Back
Top Bottom