• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need someone to work on bmw

J hex

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
262   1
Reaction score
I have a e46 bmw that has lost power in low rpm range I have done a head gasket leak test on radiator with the blue liquid and it passed. I have done a compression check and getting 175-180 on all cylinders. I believe it is a exhaust or vacuum leak. It could also possibly be fuel related. I am looking for a place to take it that will not try to up sell me and do an honest job. Thank you for any recommendations.

I have a e46 bmw that has lost power in low rpm range I have done a head gasket leak test on radiator with the blue liquid and it passed. I have done a compression check and getting 175-180 on all cylinders. I believe it is a exhaust or vacuum leak. It could also possibly be fuel related. I am looking for a place to take it that will not try to up sell me and do an honest job. Thank you for any recommendations.
@Lsthis

McCullough Auto Care on Roswell Road just off 285 in Sandy Springs always treated me right. Including telling me to buy a new vehicle instead of doing several grand in work on my last one.

I used Auto Europe for an M3 and a 328 once they were out of warranty. But all the good techs either retired or went to Global. Global will rip you off.

Alex at Alex Auto in Roswell. He's worked on my VW, BMW and Mercedes cars. He did some great work on my wifes E46 M3 and he actually ended up buying it when we were selling it.

https://alexautoinc.com/location.php

One of the few places I let work on my Touareg v10. Very good and will tell you what does and doesn't need to be done.

Bavarian Motor Cars in Alpharetta would get it right, but they're not the cheapest nor close by.

Have you done the VANOS? DISA valve?

Buckhead Auto Sport on Roswell Road ITP in Sandy Springs. Steven Adams is the owner. The service techs are from Buckhead Imports and the former Buckhead Motor Works (their shop was bought by the city of Sandy Springs for redevelopment).

Back
Top Bottom