• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need someone close to Lawrenceville to help clear 100 foot outdoor PVC drain line!

RugerRob

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
92   0
Reaction score
I have three AC units on a concrete slab, the drain line goes into a PVC pipe that runs under the concrete and out into the yard on a downhill slope. I ran a 50 foot snake through it and it stayed clear for a few days but then went right back to being clogged. I could spend a few hundred getting a machine which I would probably only use one time but would rather see if anyone local could come by and do it for some cash... I would rather pay someone cash than call Roto Rooter and get ripped off by some one that thinks they deserve several hundred hours for a 1/2 hours work... I have a feeling the line is around 75-100 foot total length.

PM me here if you got a good long drain snake that can clear the line for me easy money.

Thanks.

If the drain is ~100 feet long you should be able to run from each end and clean the whole pipe. When you have the pipe clean and running, I would close the end of the pipe and fill with a diluted mixture of drain cleaner and let it sit for an hour or so. When you unplug, it should be clean . That's what I would do.

I wonder if it is cracked and you are getting tree roots coming in and blocking it? That happened to me and I would clear it and it would be fine until the roots got back into the pipe.

I'm not sure, the outlet end of it appers to be under ground and I can't find where the outlet end is. I was reading online this morning to try a shop vac to suck the debris in the pipe so I may try that and the bleach solution after work today.

Tried a shop vac, no luck, still not draining, tried some bleach as well... Anyone with a 100 foot snake to run through a pvc line? Have heard to stay away from air pressure which could damage the line/explode/bust the pvc tubing.

Tried a shop vac, no luck, still not draining, tried some bleach as well... Anyone with a 100 foot snake to run through a pvc line? Have heard to stay away from air pressure which could damage the line/explode/bust the pvc tubing.

If it's PVC pipe not much chance of Bursting it with Air Pressure. Even low grade PVC pipe is cleared for 150-200lbs air Pressure. Higher grades are just that even higher. PVC tubing is good for usually 100lbs or +. So unless you have something thats really Light weight PVC, CHOOT the AIR to it.

Back
Top Bottom