Need some redneck engineering advice

streetroc

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM!
53   0
Reaction score
I need to put this
20170408_163314.jpg

On this jet ski trailer and take it home from Alabama to Georgia.

20211115_080122.jpg

What do you guys think is the best way to do that? I'm thinking about bolting a piece of channel steel in the center of the trailer using the existing axle as a midsection support. Put the front wheel right up against the post and then use a few ratchet straps to keep it locked in place. It's a Suzuki GSX-R 600 race bike that only weighs ~360lbs. Do I need to get bigger wheels and tires for the trailer to take it that far?

Set the front tire on either the front crossmember, or better, a piece of 2x6 across the frame in front of the cross member, and set that fancy rear tire stand on the carpeted slides (move em in closer to fit it) and ratchet strap that puppy down so good it'd stay on if it rolled sideways down a hill. Good to go, Positioning, try to situate it so most of the weight is where the jet ski's weight would have been)

For now, just rent a u-haul. Shop around and find a trailer with 14-15 inch rims, ramp, wood floor, etc. A condor chock is among the best for holding the bike upright while you tie the bike down. If you do not know already, the suspension should be slightly compressed about half way so as you hit bumps in the road, the bikes suspension will take the shock.

Back
Top Bottom