• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need some help with finding & acquiring....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use those with removable carry handles multiple times and I've never had an issue. Sorry for the misinformation but it works perfectly. The Matec rear was designed to work with an F front.sight wasn't it?
Sir, you are absolutely correct. I guess, IDK if I need a Picatinny mounted “F” marked front sight. If this is what is needed, IDK if anyone makes them. I certainly have not run a crossed on in my searches.

Ooooh by the way, no misinformation man. Matt (tech support “DD”) wasn’t sure if any of their front sights across their product line were actually at “F” height.

Respectfully
Chris

Hmmmm.🤔... ok. I didn’t know that. I’m wanting to use this Metech rear sight. I’ll reach out to KNS to ask questions before I purchase. Thanks DanKATL DanKATL .

Respectfully
Chris

There are pictures out there side by side, the difference is something like 1.98" vs 1.94". The F was to account for flat top vs fixed carry handle; so that there were not two versions of a tiny frequently lost part in the supply chain. The larger less frequently damages/replaced part was changed. Most sights out there today are going to be the equivalent of F marked, but are not F marked.

If the AR is not 5.56/223 sometimes it's useful to change it out so you don't have to crank it so much out from the middle of adjustment to account for different ballistics. Sometimes you just turn it a couple extra turns and forget about it as long as it's not going to fall out. Or adjust the rear site if it's capable to sight it in.

This might help. Not much of a difference even side by side. And as long as you can sight it in without the post falling out, it really doesn't matter unless you're trying for a "correct" retro build.

Just about everything today is "F", even if it's not marked.

1646489741401.png

There are pictures out there side by side, the difference is something like 1.98" vs 1.94". The F was to account for flat top vs fixed carry handle; so that there were not two versions of a tiny frequently lost part in the supply chain. The larger less frequently damages/replaced part was changed. Most sights out there today are going to be the equivalent of F marked, but are not F marked.

If the AR is not 5.56/223 sometimes it's useful to change it out so you don't have to crank it so much out from the middle of adjustment to account for different ballistics. Sometimes you just turn it a couple extra turns and forget about it as long as it's not going to fall out. Or adjust the rear site if it's capable to sight it in.
Thank you sir. Thiss front sight I ordered that’s a DD will be here on Wensday. I’ll go ahead and use it as it is already shipped.

Respectfully
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom