• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need some help on Dillon 650xl powder measure linkage

draftpick

Default rank <2000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
203   1
Reaction score
I took my press down and did some rearranging in my garage and now my powder measure won’t operate as in the linkage won’t throw. The white upside down T piece is in the handle and it just slides up the bar and does not operate the powder measure. Any suggestions?

Picks will help. I have a 650 and a 1050. The 650 is like clockwork but the 1050 is tempermental. I'd be too after several hundred thousand rounds.

You may have the rod on backwards.

I do not use the rod. That is not to say that you should not use it. If you take a small screw and nut you can bolt the linkage arms together and the powder measure will work the way it was originally designed to work. The fail safe rod was added to prevent double charges and squibs. I just pay attention to the powder dropper operation as I load.

image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yes I did, I had some powder dust that I guess bound it up? I took apart and wiped it all down and it’s working again. It’s had about 20k so it was due. Thanks guys!!

You may have the rod on backwards.

I do not use the rod. That is not to say that you should not use it. If you take a small screw and nut you can bolt the linkage arms together and the powder measure will work the way it was originally designed to work. The fail safe rod was added to prevent double charges and squibs. I just pay attention to the powder dropper operation as I load.

View attachment 2872766 View attachment 2872766 View attachment 2872769 View attachment 2872766 View attachment 2872769

I like that idea!

Back
Top Bottom