• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need some help from the knowledgeable

Naturally

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
12   0
Reaction score
Im interested in buy an 1911. What is my best bang for the buck? Ive been looking at a Springfield Garrison amongst others. What are your thoughts and full size or mid size.? Be gentle...... Thanks in advance

"Best bang for the buck" 1911 agreed with willhangfire, is a Springer. As he stated for a $700ish 1911 (milspec, garrison, defender, range officer), no one else I can think of will give u a forged frame and slide gun. Me personally, I will take a bone stock milspec Springer over a "decked out" RIA just for the frame and slide. Nothing wrong with RIA or the like at all. Just my preference. Both will have MIM and cast parts but can easily be changed to forged stuff if need be. I believe also that most Springers come with match grade barrels too.

The Turkish Tisas copy are a deal from what I've seen. They remind me of the Norincos that sold for under $300 twenty years ago that turned out to be such a deal that they now bring almost Colt prices. I have not personally shot one but I'm sure someone on here has.

I own a Garrison. Closest thing I have found to a late 1970s Colt in a long time. That pretty blue steel, skinny slanted slide serrations on the rear only, no extra added stuff. Best thing going lately in my opinion.

A Tisas/SDS cannot be touched for the money! From the forgings to the machining. I have a stainless Tisas carry that has a factory undercut front strap along with my additions that include a Wilson guide rod, EGW thick match bushing, bobbed grip and G10 scales. All in I’m under the price of entry kimbers and GI style springers, remingtons etc… no contest in my opinion! If you do the research you will see that the Turks have their stuff together!

Attachments

• 76101198-991C-43A8-A1EB-45FDDB2B5C3D.jpeg
    76101198-991C-43A8-A1EB-45FDDB2B5C3D.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom