• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need my metal building repaired / wall replaced

Willy Leadwell

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
34   0
Reaction score
I have a metal building that is 50' wide and I believe 14' high (maybe 16') at the peak. I need the entire back wall replaced and some other panels, door trim, etc. replaced as well. (desperately need the back wall) I've talked to several metal building contractors and they all act like they're so busy erecting buildings and doing big projects that they just don't have time to do this small job. I've also talked to several general repairmen who seem to think that it's just a bit too much for them. So i'm stuck. Been trying to get this done since back around Thanksgiving. I had a company out of Mableton that was supposed to come do it for me, but they just flaked out completely and now I'm back to square one. If you or someone you know might be able to do this, let me know. Thanks!

IMG_3970.JPG

Years of dirt washed up against the building caused the bottom of the wall to rust. We've landscaped and removed the berm and the bottom of the wall is open almost all the way across.

Looks like your panels may be the same profile of what my metal buildings are, the typical "AW Panel". David Key, Key Construction in Bremen GA has performed this type of work for me in the past. His Grandson was phasing in as owner back in 2010 (last time I used him). He goes all over. (770) 328-5074

www.titan_structures.com_panel_imgs_aw_panel.gif
thanks. I'll give him a call and see what he says.

It's an older building and I was told that the profile isn't readily available anymore, but I don't even care if the back wall has a slightly different profile than the rest of the building. No one ever sees it but me and my employees.

Try Superior Structures in Villa Rica.They do good work and travel all over.
Jeff Bishop is the owner.

Looks like your panels may be the same profile of what my metal buildings are, the typical "AW Panel". David Key, Key Construction in Bremen GA has performed this type of work for me in the past. His Grandson was phasing in as owner back in 2010 (last time I used him). He goes all over. (770) 328-5074

I finally got around to calling both of these guys. Jeff said he could handle it and would quote the job but couldn't get to it until late July.

David didn't answer, I left him a voicemail. I'll post up if/when I hear from him.

Thanks again for the referrals. Hopefully one of them works out.

www.titan_structures.com_panel_imgs_aw_panel.gif
I ended up speaking with David and coming to an agreement. His grandson Tyler is the one who came out to do the work. Thanks for the referral.
IMG_4817(1).JPG
IMG_5313.JPG

Now I just need a landscaper to come out and do some grading/gravel work over that back lot. The mud and run off is making a mess.

Looks great !! Were your panels in fact the "AW" pattern ??
I'm not sure of the official designation, but what I have is the reverse R-panel. What he used was regular R-panel. So you can actually see that on the back wall the ribs are raised, where as the original wall they are recessed. Then where he replaced a couple damaged panels on the side he just flipped them around. You wouldn't normally do that because the inside isn't coated like the outside, but we have to paint them to match anyway. All in all, it was a good solution.

Back
Top Bottom